• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Supercharger drawing near the end

BurritaSVT

Veteran CEG'er
We have the manifold to be finished this week and I have the brand new MP90 ready to mate to it. We will be testing the kit on a SVT we purchased awhile back we will fit it under the stock hood and this will a little pricey because it is very compact and hard to build but here it the lower plater we finished up. I will send more pics of the parts next week we have an endmill snap on us last night.
Mazda6LowerPlate.jpg

We have the manifold to be finished this week and I have the brand new MP90 ready to mate to it. We will be testing the kit on a SVT we purchased awhile back we will fit it under the stock hood and this will a little pricey because it is very compact and hard to build but here it the lower plater we finished up. I will send more pics of the parts next week we have an endmill snap on us last night.

damn i'm excited so see this ish!

Now will there be an option where you can only buy the plate and the parts...and we can source out for the supercharger...since these are a dime a dozen. Or will this be a package deal. Because i have a m90 sitting in my garage. :)

we had a custom length made so we can clear the cover to add a pulley.

Well then i'll just leave it as an wall ornament.

Well i'm glad to hear that your on your way to finishing this project. I'm def excited to see the final results!

I might be confused..but please elaborate since the injector will be positioned in the center. What will be holding it in that position?

looks easy. also looks like it will be bolting onto the top of the stock LIM?

that would make everything sooo easy. please tellme your selling this as the bracketry only so it's affordable for the guys like me that can find used m90's like crazy ;)

edit: now that i'm on a real computer i can see that is obviously going between the heads. looks like its not gonna be all that cheap if your running a different supercharger (for pulley distance) and a different fuel rail setup.

I might be confused..but please elaborate since the injector will be positioned in the center. What will be holding it in that position?

Yeah, please go into more detail on how the injection is going to work... (keeping the factory LIM, Making a new one, etc...)

looks easy. also looks like it will be bolting onto the top of the stock LIM?

that would make everything sooo easy. please tellme your selling this as the bracketry only so it's affordable for the guys like me that can find used m90's like crazy ;)

edit: now that i'm on a real computer i can see that is obviously going between the heads. looks like its not gonna be all that cheap if your running a different supercharger (for pulley distance) and a different fuel rail setup.

Yup....he had no choice...if you had am90 in your hands...you would see the pulley sticks out too much over the rest of the pulley system.

Once he gets this thing rolling. His pictures will fill in all the blanks.

yep, but unfortunately it seems this setup is going to reach too high of a price. i assume these parts are not going to be cheap for joey to get built and that'll rocket the price up there next to the turbo kits.

cheap doesn;'t blend well with forced induction that is why most don't own turbo kit or sc kits because the parts are never cheap for them and the supporting mods to add up the cost even more. It cost to play with cars............ Price will be close to the turbo kits but maybe llittle less

i understand the "pay to play" aspect of cars joey, you know that. hell i put 2 3L's in last year, a new clutch, LSD,

my motor was out more than it was in last year. i get it. just sayin, for the performance aspect, you might as well do the turbo kit for the cost. however, i still believe that roots blowers are way more "entry level" as there's no tapping oil lines, or changing exhaust, and get away with a few less guages (no need for egt, or oil pressure really)

so i guess all in all its cheaper.

i understand the "pay to play" aspect of cars joey, you know that. hell i put 2 3L's in last year, a new clutch, LSD,

my motor was out more than it was in last year. i get it. just sayin, for the performance aspect, you might as well do the turbo kit for the cost. however, i still believe that roots blowers are way more "entry level" as there's no tapping oil lines, or changing exhaust, and get away with a few less guages (no need for egt, or oil pressure really)

Plus this is aim'd towards the mazda6 platform. The thread about this setup over there is huge. :crazy:

Joey any information about the injector position?

Every car should have a good oil gage no matter what sort of mods are done to it. I'm going to be putting a pillar in mine this summer.

As for forced induction. Just find a supercoupe T3 out of a JY, rebuild it, weld up some piping, throw an ebay intercooler on the thing, get a good wastegate/bov and there is your system for under a grand. Now that is for the SYSTEM. You'd still want to do a torsen, you have to upgrade the fuel system and definitely would need the MSDS headers and then get a tune. The supporting cast is where it gets expensive.

A M90 would be great and all and I hope this kit pans out but IMO there is no reason to go with a supercharger unless he can get the price to be well under the NPG turbo kit. The turbo kit makes more power, has almost zero parasitic loss, no belt slippage issues and you get the intercooler too. Roots style=meth injection or no cooling.

the SC will come with a intercooler built into the manifold and will have water pump and heat exchanger to cool down temp charge. The setup will be for the guy who track alot on the twistys because the setup comes out of the hole fast but yes the setup is very compact and the injectors will be mounted inside the manifold which was the trickiest part of all. The setup will be around the price for the turbo kit but realize that the setup was mainly built for mazda 6, escapes, fusions etc with ATX slug boxes. We sell our kits half the price of other custom kits that compare so when we are try to sell this for $1500 you could buy a new SC for that price now if you rebuilt one yes and buy injectors, heat exchanger, pump, TB plates with EGR placements, front brackets with pulleys, new front motor mount, belts, hoses, gaskets etc list goes on I would not be in business anymore so I have to set the price for the complete kit. I agree the turbo kit is the way to go for all out power and I am sure I would rather you buy that but there are some people who are not turbo guys like me.........:) I will try my best to make this affordable bvut I have alot of money in the R&D because I really think this will help all the platforms. Joey

Oh I'm not at all saying that a SC kit is a bad idea, if its intercooled and just bolts right on and a complete kit for about the same price as the turbo unit then I'm sure plenty of people will be interested. I was just expecting some crazy price but if its the same as the turbo kit and comes with the injectors and everything it is definitely a great deal. Hell, I might even look into it lol. Gotta love that supercharger whine.

Back