• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Secret Santa Discussion Thread

frenchblueC2

amusé par les flatulences
Ok so about this time last year, I proposed this idea to you all in this thread:
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=21048

As some of you recall, Steve (BK4293) ended up losing his apartment to a fire, so we all diverted our love to him in a giant secret santa gift.
Provided we experience no major catastrophes this year, I would like to try this again.

To reiterate some of the points I made from last year:

The way it works is everyone that wants to be involved gives me their name and address. I randomize the list and then pm each participant the name and address of the person they have to buy for, and no one can reveal who their recipients are. We set an agreed upon spending limit, and you each buy that person a gift or gifts that add up to that limit (going over is up to you).
Then the gifts just need to be mailed to the recipient before Christmas. <-- this is an important detail. You have to give in order to receive. So in other words, you have to really be willing to commit the time and money to this, and also mail your gift out in time because it's not fair to the recipient if they get scrooged while you enjoy the gift that someone else bought you.

We can have a separate Wish List thread for everyone to discuss their hobbies, interests, etc - anything to help their Secret Santa shop, in case they're clueless on what to buy. The Wish List thread can also be about things the recipients would not appreciate receiving, such as gifts they wouldn't feel comfortable opening in front of family members, or their dislike for practical jokes (a sock full of coal!).

I've done these the past few years with some friends on another message board, and it was pretty successful. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I especially enjoyed stalking my victims' posts to figure out good gifts to get them.
My recipients were always pleased with my gifts, even if they didn't know they were from me, and that made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

So who's in for this?
I'm thinking $30 spending limit, including shipping.

I was hoping to keep this an event strictly for the New England crew, but I don't want to be a mega:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: either and exclude willing participants.
What do you guys think?

The biggest reason I want to avoid extending this to the entire CEG community is because there may end up being too many deadbeat participants, and I'd hate to risk that.

I was hoping to keep this an event strictly for the New England crew, but I don't want to be a mega:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: either and exclude willing participants.
What do you guys think?

The biggest reason I want to avoid extending this to the entire CEG community is because there may end up being too many deadbeat participants, and I'd hate to risk that.

I agree 100%

I think he beat ya to it:laugh:

yeah, and my right eye is still slightly blurry.
fuggin spent an arm and a leg on lasik and Ian goes and blinds me.
bastid!

kim, i think keeping in the family will work better than letting outsiders in.

Incest is best!

I think you should keep the thread here in the New England forum, but let in anybody who seeks it out and shows interest.

yeah, and my right eye is still slightly blurry.
fuggin spent an arm and a leg on lasik and Ian goes and blinds me.
bastid!

kim, i think keeping in the family will work better than letting outsiders in.

Incest is best!

Is it really? Damn, sorry dude :(. Now you know never to give me a REAL gun.

Yeah, we got enough deadbeats here in New England already. You can count me in on this too.

ooh..now i am having an urge to pewp down the throat of decapitated frogs and put them in a box to Minnesota..

strange..mus be my lack of sleep

Back