• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

official pre98 only thread

blu_fuz

New Member Classroom vulture
1995 3L w/ built MTX
Mileage:
trans = 0
car = 212,000
motor = 18,000

SZ2009218.jpg

11-16-08028.jpg

contest129.jpg

EGPLNT2003.jpg

Last edited:
thats a wonderful collection of winter wheels there on that barn.....

Last edited:
car21.jpg

Only good photo I have of it, and this was after I fixed it up. It was so mint before hand :cry:

car31.jpg

car11.jpg

PICT0026.jpg

My Talon in the background FTW!

Hey blufuz how did you set the fog lights up so they are on without the headlights?

striker...are you/ have you already, painted the SVT kit on your car?
im planning on it but i have not done so. i need to pay off some bills first.

Edit: I might do a "rough" paint with a rattle can so its at least green in the coming months.

someone correct me if im wrong, but isnt there a "how-to" on the wiring to change it so the foggers come on with the parking lights?

pls note below::laugh:
thanks to mr. john salley
i did this on my 98 SE and worked perfect!!!
it's not hard.
takes about 45 mins

Fog lights on with parking lights conversion
[SIZE=-2]Author: John Salley
Applicable to: All vehicles equipped with fog lights
Added: 09/19/2002
Updated: 09/19/2002
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]
This document is also available in the following formats:
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Text (1801 bytes)
[/SIZE]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Requires doing some rewiring in the headlamp switch relay.
  1. Under the dash, remove the trim panel directly below the steering wheel. There are 3 trim plugs on the top. Remove these and then remove all 5 bolts (7 mm) holding on the trim panel. Remove the trim panel (careful when dropping the panel...the light is attached to the panel), twist the light socket away from the panel and set panel aside.
  2. Look under the dash, behind the Headlight switch. You will see a small white relay. The easiest way to make SURE that this is the relay is to put you hand on the relay and cycle the fogs a few times. You should feel the relay "clicking". Pull the relay away from its mounting bracket and pull it down so its easy to work on.
  3. There are four wires on the relay:
    A. Orange/Black - ALWAYS +12 volts
    B. Orange/Yellow - +12 when fog lights are ON
    C. Black/Red - GROUND when fog light switch is turned on
    D. Orange - +12 when headlights are ON
  4. What we want to do is to fool the relay into thinking that the headlights are on, thus allowing the use of the fogs. Cut the ORANGE wire (leaving about 3 inches sticking out of the relay). Insulate the end of the ORANGE wire leading to the switch. It is no longer needed.
  5. Splice the end of the ORANGE coming out of the relay into the ORANGE/BLACK (either with a 3M splice connector, or strip a little insulation away, wrap the wires, and solder).
  6. Insulate your splice well, and TEST THE FOGS!! The first time I did this, I didn't test, put everything back, then had to rip it apart again. TEST THEM!! If they work, put the relay back up there, and replace the panel under the dash.
[/FONT]

Cleaned her up a bit quickly and snapped a few :). She looks good from a distance ;), and don't mind the dirty engine bay!

100_1526.jpg

100_1527.jpg

100_1528.jpg

Woulda snapped one of the front but it was still disgusting. Didn't get a good cleaning :cool:

This was my first baby, to bad the old man had to pull out in front of me without looking and total it.
orig.bmp

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Fuz, You've done an amazing job. Turning the car from justifiably unique and cool, to drop dead sexy!:drool:

Back