• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

new mtx source

Good find, but it says they are for the 2.0L. Can you just swap bellhousings?

I saw that also and asked that question over on FCO and they have mtx's for all years and engines according to the person who contacted the company

also if you note the picture is of a V6 mtx

Last edited:
Dang. I might have to pick one of these up and replace mine if it comes with all the updates. I'd then have to tear the Torsen out of mine and put it in this one but... tempting. Then I know my trans can handle the power I'm planning for it. Now if I could just find some decent axles...

Transmission :
Make/Model :

Years :
Type :
Engine :

Remark :

MTX75/XS4R/YS4R
Ford Cougars,
Contours,
Mystiques
1995 UP
2WD 5-speed
2.0L
sohc, dohc & V6
1 year unlimited
mileage warranty

Mine is on the way, Thanks Brian!!

The only draw back is that you have to have a local shop buy it and then sell it to you, fortunately my nextdoor neighbor I used to live by owns a driveline shop and hooked me up!

only a shop can buy from them? that is pretty beat.. what if you don't have a shop and just want to get the tranny for that in case factor?

only a shop can buy from them? that is pretty beat.. what if you don't have a shop and just want to get the tranny for that in case factor?

well read the FCo thread the guy who found the site is trying to set something up and who knows maybe Terry would be willing to purchase them for people ...

well read the FCo thread the guy who found the site is trying to set something up and who knows maybe Terry would be willing to purchase them for people ...

man nice find, that would be a great deal if he could work that out. i like to see options still popping up out there in case i ever need one in the future.

man nice find, that would be a great deal if he could work that out. i like to see options still popping up out there in case i ever need one in the future.

well you could always do what I am going to do, I found a used mtx locally and will send it out to Terry later in the summer

well you could always do what I am going to do, I found a used mtx locally and will send it out to Terry later in the summer

i have thought about that, and more than likely will when i get a little extra cash or find a deal i can't pass up. :cool:

i hate to think about taking that tranny out anytime soon though, i just took it out this past weekend and put a new clutch in.:blackeye:

FYI

Terry Haines said:
...I'm in contact with these guys(owner),they work 'business to business'..I let you know what shakes down costs,types etc etc.
wink.gif

10 char ftl

Dang. I might have to pick one of these up and replace mine if it comes with all the updates. I'd then have to tear the Torsen out of mine and put it in this one but... tempting. Then I know my trans can handle the power I'm planning for it. Now if I could just find some decent axles...

"Tearing" the torsen out requires you to pull the bellhousing and simply pull it out. The cv shaft on the drivers side clips into the differential holding it in if that very short axle is left in the trans. FYI my trans shop did an exelent job on replacing Kyle's 3rd syrnchro, installing new diff with new bearings and axle seals, installing new shift forks, cleaning it out and sealing it up for $250.

Back