• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

600 km..

SVTforme

CEG'er
On a tank of gas in my car.. don't remember doing that for quite some time. My car must be getting better with age :). My driving style usually does not lead to great gas mileage.

Anyone else up there with their SVT?

I got 558km until my gas light came on then I went and filled up.. I actually found that when I drove my SVT soft I got worse gas mileage than when I drive my car hard.

Aaron

Damn!
I moved up 3000 ft in altitude and my mileage still sucks, now at 380km/tank maxed!
This week with the -40C temps it really sucked 236km on 35 liters.....

The 600 was a one time deal for me.. on an extended trip. I usually get 400+, but I thought it was rare to get 600km. I used to get 300ish per tank, then I cleaned out my intake and changed my front wheel bearings, and all of a sudden my fuel mileage went way up (not sure which change made the difference).

i just changed the oil, put some lucas in the tank, and going to run seafoam through the UIM (probably does nothing), so I can get that back, I have winter gas in my car now though so bleh its going to start to suck.

Yeah.. cleaning out the runners made a difference to say the least. When I took it apart, the runners looked like this - yuk!

DSC06473.jpg

And after..
DSC06495.jpg

I just posted this question on bad fuel mileage.

I only get 400km roughly on my little 4 banger on a tank.. 144KM on the engine..

what the hell do you do with your car!?!?

Honestly, I have 250,000 kms on the car (owned it since new) and I drive it like a bat out of hell.

[off topic] Speaking of driving like a bat out of hell, I got a speeding ticket last night. First one in over 3 years (I may drive hard, but I know the difference between safe and stupid fast). Anybody ever used www.ontariotraffictickets.com?

Yeah.. cleaning out the runners made a difference to say the least. When I took it apart, the runners looked like this - yuk!

DSC06473.jpg

And after..
DSC06495.jpg

Can I ask what chemical or fluid did you use to clean that oil off? Knowing that I can't find berrymans at wal-mart here anyway, was it just some general injector cleaner?

Back