• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Took some pics of the 'stique. what do ya think?

I particularly like the sunny effect on the leaves in the distance. :cool:

Ricers keep steelies on the front for power. Maybe you should just buy two really nice rims and put them on the back.

Man, to be honest with you, i take serious offense to being called a ricer. I'm not looking to build a show car right now, i just want straight line power... wat good are rims gonna do me except better traction off the line,so if anything, i'd buy a set of wider rims for the FRONT, not the rear. I'm not stupid, i'm just goin through fiananial troubles like i have been the past almost 8 months and i'm tryin to get back on track, go to college, and living pay check to pay check.

There's something to be said for keeping it simple -- buying stuff you can't afford is no fun, anyway. Sounds like you've got a fine plan. :cool:

Man, to be honest with you, i take serious offense to being called a ricer. I'm not looking to build a show car right now, i just want straight line power... wat good are rims gonna do me except better traction off the line,so if anything, i'd buy a set of wider rims for the FRONT, not the rear. I'm not stupid, i'm just goin through fiananial troubles like i have been the past almost 8 months and i'm tryin to get back on track, go to college, and living pay check to pay check.

1. If you want straight line power, you picked the wrong platform (and even the wrong model within that platform).

2. If you are having any sort of financial "trouble," don't waste a dime "modding" your car.

Would it be better without the orange in the leaves?

no I mean, the picture is a bang on shot of the car, the camera is angled too low. if the picture were a weee bit higher up, and the mystique's profile were more in the background, then that picture would be... dare I say.. calender worthy.

1. If you want straight line power, you picked the wrong platform (and even the wrong model within that platform).

2. If you are having any sort of financial "trouble," don't waste a dime "modding" your car.

alright, dude, i'm not trying to be an ass wen i say this, but have u ever heard of a little something called a 'SLEEPER' if not, they are not normally fast car, or cars u wouldnt expect to be fast, like an old gramma's car. And u take em and modify the hell out of then engine and drivetrain to make them fast. then u keep the exterior stock looking for the most part, then u go out and race and kick the **** out of all the little rice burners. when i talk about financial problems, i'm talking about now. when i'm talking about modding the car, i'm talking about when i happen to get my butt back on track and i have some extra spending money. I like to be different, i like to do things ppl dont normally do. If you dont like what i'm doing, so be it, dont give me crap about it. I'm not trying to make enimies here, but really, if u dont like wat u see and can say anything nice w/o giving helpful suggestions, dont say anything... like the ppl with the comments on the 'bland' pics. a lot of you gave suggestions, which i appreciate a lot. Thanks. I've never worked w/ a champaigne car in pics, so i dont know how they look. i do have some new pics of my buddies saturn that i took and i can post them if ya'll wanna see them. i think they came out ok....

Back