• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pre-98 console = drool

I just realized the original completed pics I took were never posted. This was right after finishing the console up to be installed in the car.

DSCF1657Medium.jpg

DSCF1659Medium.jpg

nice,looks good, what is that just a cover plate where the radio was?

It a cubby spot. Place to put stuff when you want. Probably got a car kit from wal-mart and they come with stuff like that. Nice to have more space to put random stuff.

looks great, but is the ashtree and the cigaret lighter original? cause the european mondeo's don't have like that:shrug:

Thats a factory piece. I didn't add anything.

yes that is how it is from the factory, the optional CD player, if you had the premuim sound tape deck would sit in that location below the stock radio, otherwise its a nice compartment, but I did this with mine

DSC04176.JPG

I used to store my garage door opener and sunglasses in that compartment.
I also had a small piece of rubber matting for toolbox drawers so that ish wouldn't slide around or rattle in there.

yes that is how it is from the factory, the optional CD player, if you had the premuim sound tape deck would sit in that location below the stock radio, otherwise its a nice compartment, but I did this with mine

DSC04176.JPG
bastard, stealing my idea. :D:laugh:
Picture012-1.jpg

Picture001-1.jpg

JK

Are the cluster chrome rings similar to that? :
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ford-Mondeo-hig...ageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m122

Just to make sure before I buy them heh.

BTW I like the fact that the Midnight Blue interior color all fit, unlike the Tan dash vs the rest... It seems that a majority of people prefer the Blue interior on the SVT here. I have a preference for the Tan one, jsut because it looks cleaner for longer, and the Pre-98 console mod is much easier on them, but what are your opinion on that? I'm curious :D

why so many gauges its not like we are tring to go back to 1955 in a delorean. lol just fooling with ya it looks great!!!!!! Oh yea I still have a pre 98 tan center console up for grabs

why so many gauges its not like we are tring to go back to 1955 in a delorean. lol just fooling with ya it looks great!!!!!! Oh yea I still have a pre 98 tan center console up for grabs

yeah I know its alot but I want to keep tabs on whats going on. I had the A/F, oil pressure and volts and added water and oil temp and since I needed one more a vac/boost guage for the future :crazy: (next year hopefully in the summer)

wow very nice, kinda makes me want to do that. :drool:very nice interior and mods :)

Back