So long story short I spun a rod bearing on my 2.5 and just replaced the bearings so I could drive it temporarily til my school semester was over. It got rid of most of the noise except for a faint knock but now it's summer, the semester is over and...
IT'S TIME FOR A 3-LITER SWAP!!!!
I am an engine swap virgin so I am going to be taking it step by step but after doing some research and pricing, I do have a plan of action...
First thing is to remove my old engine topthrough the and clean up the bay. As for the new engine, I still have yet to find a replacement engine, but I would like to try and get a 3L from an escape at a yard... I would like to swap the SVT cams into the 3L but am not quite sure if i want to do that now or just do the full 3L and wait to use the SVT cams until I boost it later. I still have time to decide that but I know for sure I do not want to port it now due to time and cost and possible problems I may face, but I'd like to later also when I boost. My goal right now is to get a 3L and get my baby running again!
Some other things I would like to take care of while the engine is out...
What I would like to do when I have more time and money is...
- Swapping in an 01/02 cougar?? tranny that I bought from Mystique_95 to fix my grind issue and will repair my shift cables at the same time.
- Upgrade the headers-- possibly MSDS
- Fix my pulsating lights that has to do with alternator wiring
- Replace my loud and failing power steering system
- Replace my spark plugs and wires
- Poly fill my roll restrictors and mounts... i dont want to go to hard and cause a lot of vibration though at idle
- Install audi sidemarkers for some flair...
- repaint/repair the body of the car
I plan to start to pull the engine sometime next week. I will take pictures as I go. If anyone has any suggestions or thoughts or tips dont be afraid to chime in because I am sure I may have some questions as I go through with this build!!
- redo whole exhaust system with the headers I am doing now but add a magnaflow cat back
- upgrade the rods and bearings
- add a turbocharger
- rework some of my sound system
- Port match the engine or set it up with an ST220 intake
- Install a new suspension (Preferably BAT Euro Kit)
- Upgrade the brake system
Also if anyone has any parts I may be looking for or if they can point me in a right (and cheap) direction!
Pics and updates to follow...