• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A CSVT on passtime on Speed channel?

bah I don't have Speed here.
Definitely let us know when it airs. I'll find a way to see it.

I'm laughing a bit right now thinking how the interview the driver segment will go - since we all know you to be such a character already. ;)
congrats!

Now that would be :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing awesome to hear... especially when your about to be on tv.

Did you only get 1 run in? Other then the run where you broke your axle?

Yes when the dude said that I was like hell yeah thanks man, he said he has always loved these cars and knew what it was. Yeah only 1 run, so in other words that was my 5th pass ever with this car, I am just begining to learn the car on the track.

do you normally run with differant wheels\tires on the front and rear axels or was it just for the beefier 16's on the front??? aside from the differant wheels the car looks amazing

Yes the rears are the daily wheels 19's, and the fronts are svtf wheels painted flat black with some kdw's, I didnt use my drag radials cause the track was wayyyyyy too sticky.

Yea, I wonder what Ken's guess was?

No clue but all of them when Paige was pulling me up were looking at the car like wtf is that, I even saw Ken shrug his shoulders like I have no clue,lol

bah I don't have Speed here.
Definitely let us know when it airs. I'll find a way to see it.

I'm laughing a bit right now thinking how the interview the driver segment will go - since we all know you to be such a character already. ;)
congrats!

I will be dvr'ing it and making dvd copies for sure, and getting one directly from speed channel. And I wasnt a character at all to be honest, the 360 around the car and shot with me and the car you gotta be still so I just stood there, then with Brett I was nervous about launching and didnt wanna break again so I just awnsered the questions non chalontly,lol They had no clue what it would run or what the car even was.

you showed off what the CSVT does best on national television! BREAKING! lol Thats awesome you got on the show man.

you showed off what the CSVT does best on national television! BREAKING! lol Thats awesome you got on the show man.

Uhhhh no:rolleyes: I broke the day before!

go yoder.... keep it up.

pretty sure that's the only contour to ever grace the pages of MM&FF too isnt it?

Yes thats true, now I have 2 things for the csvt.

nice ryan! thats awesome! sucks that u ran a 14.9 tho:blackeye:. i dont have speed channel as well. but i'll find a way to see it.

Yeah I know man but nerves were a wreck dude and the track was soooooooo sticky I was affraid of breaking again so I took it easy, and I know the overextended axle had alot to do with the time too,the car was shaking all down the track but I said hell I am going for it once I launched and didnt break.

high 14s is what the average American thinks a Contour with major engine overhaul and turbo would do anyway .... now Ryan being on national TV with that time would confirm it

:p

pretty sure that's the only contour to ever grace the pages of MM&FF too isnt it?

I don't think so. IIRC, my car (Y2KSVT's) was in there, as well as others on the SZ article.

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/events/mmfp_0706_ford_svt_contours/index.html

EDIT: Here's the article courtesy of Todd's stuff.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

easy there douche bag i was just giving you :censored::censored::censored::censored:.

I know I know,thats why I launched at 1000rpm's to not break instead of the 3500 the day before when I broke:blackeye:

high 14s is what the average American thinks a Contour with major engine overhaul and turbo would do anyway .... now Ryan being on national TV with that time would confirm it

:p

Yeah I wonder what thier guesses were, dosent matter about the time cause considering all that had happened and whats up with the car it wasnt that bad of a time in retrospect.

-Snapped a stage2 axle in 3 pieces the day before
-The track was far toooo sticky
-NATIONAL TELEVISION
-overextended ~OEM~ axle
-Wheel hopped till 40-60' down the track
-NO sleep
-5th-6th (cant remember) run ever in this car, and only 900-1000 miles ever driven by me on the car
-3 weeks ago I was rear ended and am still hurting pretty bad

These are NOT excuses I take FULL responsibility for my time, they are just variables to account for.

I don't think so. IIRC, my car (Y2KSVT's) was in there, as well as others on the SZ article.

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/events/mmfp_0706_ford_svt_contours/index.html

EDIT: Here's the article courtesy of Todd's stuff.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

TRUE TRUE, but the first 3l turbo csvt in mm&ff:cool:

Back