• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My 98.0 SVT Tour a work in progress ...

Pblack003

Veteran CEG'er
pic from the craigs list ad that i bought her from .. for 1300.00 cash
tour019.jpg

a week later
tour009.jpg

3 days later (i did the paint and body work so it's a 50 footer)
tour008.jpg

5 days later someone hit my car in a fair parking lot ;(
tour014.jpg

my tires the day i had 2 blow out's
tour020.jpg

the evening i picked up the wheels from supertouringmike
tour007.jpg

tour006.jpg

tour005.jpg

today ;)
tour004.jpg

all done within the last 2 months have a Bassani exhaust on it's way as well as modded cup holders lol ...

This is the Craigs list ad that i got my tour from .. well a copy of it in my email from my ipad:

OGCLadfortour.png

About the car / ad:
manual sunroof i thought typo .. nope it had a crank handle on it .. but got a cover and motor out of classifieds for a good price.
class 5 hitch.. yeah they cut out a piece of the bumper thankfully just the mesh not the plastic :( ( pics coming soon) but the thing is welded to the rear tow points .. i pull my jet skis with it, it's serious ...
needs paint .. check .. did that see pics above..
CEL light still on still need o2 sensors :/
runs great so far hasn't let me down yet either ...
BTW when I got there offered 1,000.00 cash, walked away she stopped me said she would take 1,500.00 i countered with 1,300.00 cash she said i guess .. and BAM!!! that's how you buy a gently used CSVT for 1300.00 cash ;) and drive it away .. key word drive it ...

Last edited:
Good negotiating!! wheels are nice.
Where are the jack point covers?

yeah well i did do a good amount of body work and had to paint it was surely worth 1700 but since she settled for 1300i was all in ;)

wheels ..... i couldn't beat the price for 18's with brand new tires .. 500.00 pick up only

JPC's i have 3 from a bone yard and one from a fellow CEG'r. I'm keeping them off and my pre 98 trunk lid off so i can paint everything all at once .. ;/ other than that im planning springs and a mirko if i can ever find one or if my father in law can make one for me .. he's doing a aussie shade in fiberglass for me soon so maybe after that i'll get him to do a mirko... well see ..

svttour thanks for all the quick chats on pm and the cup holders lol. Your Mazda 3L build it's seriously a possible next mod for me.. it may take a few months because i want a low low mileage motor but that gives me time to shop... im not in that much of a hurry.. biggest concern about my 2.5L is just super poor when it comes to power just slow.. way slower than my other tours.. my car struggles to keep up with stock 4 bangers in traffic .. my imrc works (i see it open) but i don't feel it ... anyway thanks guys .. any other mods u think would look good ??? let me know ..

Last edited:
They are absolutely the same covers all around. The Ford parts catalog shows it.

Only the SE side skirts had 4 different covers with 4 part numbers since it curves differently.

They are absolutely the same covers all around. The Ford parts catalog shows it.

Only the SE side skirts had 4 different covers with 4 part numbers since it curves differently.

well oddly enough my covers are wider up front and thinner in the back ..

EDIT :
well i just found out why they dont fit .. someone used a plastic weld in the JPC's now to grind the stuff out .. measured them all and as u stated they are al the same size ... will post pics of them installed soon... after i go get a happy meal .. it's $2.00 happy meal Tuesday @ MC D's ;)

Last edited:
I've personally seen that same thing happen on two different SVT's and the problem was actually the side skirt mounting. The side skirt mounting points on the rocker panels were bent on the car and caused the side skirt to pull upwards toward the car, closing in the jack point cover opening. Are your rocker panels bent at all? If they are, you need to loosen the screws in that area, or remove them all together.

My buddy had it happen when his car was jacked up improperly.

just installed them ;) i had to take the dremmel to the one that didn't fit .... as soon as my cell charges i'll post pics of them installed.. thanks for "opening up my reality on JPC's" thanks a bunch .. now i can paint them and my trunk lid ;) YAY you made my day lol

i wasn't gonna go on a hunt lol i was patiently waiting ... thanks again ... now i feel kinda like a tard now, but it happens ...

I think I cried a little bit there, of laughter.

dont be jealous lol ... well yeah btw i ate a 4 piece happy meal and a cheese burger happy meal .. that's a lot of food and 2 toys for 4 bucks .. lol

Class 5 hitch? May be a little overkill.

yeah it's for sure overkill but .. it hauls my aluminum 14ft boat just fine ;) and the jet skis too ..

Like the wheels. They have that touring car road race look to them. What brand and size are they, and what size tires? Been thinking about 18's.

Like the wheels. They have that touring car road race look to them. What brand and size are they, and what size tires? Been thinking about 18's.

18" Rage Enduro wheels picked up in miami from a fellow CEG'r tire size is .. 225-40-18 ... im a fan of the touring car look .. seems to fit the car better imo ..

this is the pic of them with no tires

DSC00124.jpg

I didn't take any of the sun roof.. It was a huge open area where the cover goes.. No motor but the motor gear with a handle screwed onto it.. But just so u know it worked like a champ... I kept the hand crank as a back up lol I'll take pics of it and post them soon...

i would like to see a picture of the sunroof with the hand crank! lol! that couldn't be factory?

You could install a Mondeo hand crank and have it 100% factory looking. Just need the cover and crank in a matching interior color. It's a direct swap in.

Back