• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Secret Santa Discussion Thread

Ok so the list so far looks like:

1. Elky
2. cobrawannabe
3. zorrex
4. ctmystique
5. wontgrowup
6. Cobra
7. fbc2

Did I miss anyone? Anyone else want in on this?

I think we should set a couple deadlines. I'll leave this thread open til Nov 12th for anyone else who wants to join the list. After that, I'll distribute names and addresses to everyone via pm.
Then I was thinking we should all have gifts mailed out no later than December 15th.
That should be plenty of time to shop and have things shipped in time.

ugh I think I'm cursed or something when it comes to me participating in these things.
Last year when I tried to organize this, Steve had the apartment fire and we diverted the funds his way. Which I was really happy to do, so don't read me wrong here.

Today I got the news from the other board I'm on that one of the members DIED in a car accident in Michigan (F250 hit him in his Saturn).
:cry:
Needless to say, I requested my "Santa" over there send my funds to that guy's family instead of buying me a frivolous gift.
so, so sad. I feel so awful for his family. :(
I think I gotta stop trying to organize these things because bad stuff seems to keep happening.

lol can you believe they had the nerve to get uppity with me that I suggested my santa donate to the family?!!
They actually said that part of the fun is shopping for the person, so who am I to ruin that person's fun by suggesting they donate to the family instead of buying my gift.
:shocked: :nonono: oooooookay whatever

what board was this?
i can't believe that they would not like the idea of donating the money to his family.
stoopid fuggers

some frickin gamer board that a coworker turned me onto a while ago.
blah whatever.
I'm just going to try to move on and enjoy the SS stuff as best I can.
That kid's death just has me really shaken up, so I'm not thinking straight.

well it's all water under the bridge now.
We're planning to Rick Roll his funeral, but in a classy way.
He was a huge fan of the Rick Roll (he Rick Rolled one of the forum members' wedding, and he said if he ever proposed to a girl, he'd use Rick Astley lyrics), so we're arranging to send a nice flower arrangement, with some of the lyrics from the song.

So moving right along, let's talk fun Santa talk. :)

Now's a good time to start discussing some of your interests, maybe even post your t shirt size to help your Santa get an idea on what to buy you.

shirt size L
interests:
anything wine related including home decor (actually, anything alcohol/beer/liquor related)
Mountain Dew gives me happy in the pants, so do cake/cookies/chocolates
perverted humor esp. poop/farts, also sarcastic wit (this site has some hilarious stuff www.baronbob.com )
carousel horses esp. armored ones
movies esp. epics and cult classics - blueray welcome :)
games - board games, cards, videogames esp the cute adventure or puzzle games for the older consoles like PS1, N64 (I also have PS3)
gag gifts welcome - I think I have a pretty good sense of humor, so nothing really offends me.

speaking of farts...did you see family guy last night?
a fart song and dogs farting!

Shirt size: L or XL depending on the t-shirt
interests for me:
anything hearse related
stuff with flames on it
stuff 1957 Chevy related
movies: comedy, horror, old car movies
and as kim said gag gifts are good too

Shirt-M

Interests- Cars. I love cars. Actually, anything with an engine. I also love to MTB, snowbaord, and play with robots/fabricate.

Whoever gets me is going to give me a gag present anyway:shrug:

Shirt size: L or XL depending on shirt

I am into rock music, the three B's (boobs, box, and butt), SAW, good-tasting alcoholic beverages, offensive/vulgar shirts and hats, math, chess, and of course, STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING lol.

All names and addresses have been pm'd.
Happy shopping!
Remember, shhhhhhh don't tell anyone. It's what makes things fun.

Have your gifts shipped out by Dec 15th.
If you purchase online and ship direct to the recipient, that's fine.
If your item is backordered and the shipment will be delayed, please notify me via pm.

:)

I love hand tools (i.e. screw drivers, piiers) , going out to eat, good old fashioned rock n roll and I'm not good at giving ideas.

Back