• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Max HP on 2.5l CSVT with stock internals

Did the revised piston ring lands happen at the same time the late 99's went returnless? If so, an easy check is to see if you have a return or returnless fuel system.

Did the revised piston ring lands happen at the same time the late 99's went returnless? If so, an easy check is to see if you have a return or returnless fuel system.

I dont think a set date was ever confirmed, but I would think that would be a good indication.

FWIW, many people have ran a 75 shot on their SVTs with luck while others have had a catastrophic meltdown due to poor tuning.

I run a 75shot on my SVT with much sucess..I do have 2 nitrous tunes on my xcal2..Im also running Headers CAI. Proper plugs plug wires and a few other goodies.

it'll handle a 75 shot with the correct tune, correct spark plugs, and correct fuel (premium, at least)

You have a downfall with the bad ring lands. but on the bright side, return style cars are safer with a wet kit, as there is an abundance of fuel pressure.

it'll handle a 75 shot with the correct tune, correct spark plugs, and correct fuel (premium, at least)

You have a downfall with the bad ring lands. but on the bright side, return style cars are safer with a wet kit, as there is an abundance of fuel pressure.

Boom!
:laugh:

I really wish there was video of you car. But I know you did a lot of shots of it....a lot....so if one sets it up correctly, you should be safe.

Back