• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ and Cougarfest together?

Again, just sharing a personal opinion here. Even though I'm a Cougar owner, I am a HUGE Contour fan (my dad had an LX when I was 11 or 12, and took me with him when he did a couple of test drives in an SVT he wanted to get), and I personally wouldn't want to see everything done "separately" in the sense that the NECO guys stay in their own group and the CEG guys stay in theirs. There are so many in the two groups that actually own both vehicles that I would hate to see people almost having to pick one side or another. That's why I would like to see more of a "combined" event than SZ and 'Fest just happening to share a weekend and a city.

Why are we still bickering about names, to me it sounds like we are having Spring Zing, and Cougarfest in the same place for several reasons. Boosting attendance, lowering group rates, etc etc.

Well the name is cougar fest...and nobody thinks nothing too much about that...so why not Coutour Fest? Lol. Kidding...sounds like something else. Could just be Cougar Fest vs. Spring Zing....and have competitions against each other at the same event. "Which platform will rise to the top??" Lol

In talks with Mike, Dave and Luca we have all come to the agreement that our plan for 2013 will be a joint effort between NECO and CEG to host Cougarfest and Spring Zing on the same weekend with shared schedules. Details will follow as things get sorted out and finalized. Looking forward to this more than ever as I feel it's long overdue we all played together.

Not sure how I have missed these threads about CF and SZ being together until now, such a good idea. I have never made it out to either of them but it looks like a blast. If I can get the cougar up and going by then I will be sure to do all I can to make it out there, I would hate to leave Jaged alone with all these track built contours.

I shall attend as well! but the question remains...do i drive the cougar or the contour! lol...or my fsvt with rs brakes/suspension/seats!

While I support the concept of a co-located or combined CDW-27 event, the 2nd weekend in July would be a no go for me. I am already planning to take the week before off work to be in Nashville and really can't plan to take several days the following week as well. That is a shame because this would be the closest CEG national event to me yet. The track day is the one event I would enjoy the most, but I will either not be able to attend at all or perhaps drive up for Saturday only.

then show up friday after work, its only a 2.5 hr drive, youll miss the track day but can hit up the autox

Now that my ••••ty LUK clutch is swapped out, my rear leaky brake lines are fixed, and my car isn't overheating anymore, I just might! :cool:

I'll start lining up some track wheels.....

What track you talking Gingerman or the auto-x?

Wow, I was late to the party on this one...I'm in. Gingerman is only an hour from me, just need to decide on which car to bring...

Back