• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My idea of modding...Extreme Detailing (56K death)

Really? You waxed before you polished and then applied two sealants on top of wax?

I'm not sure if I'm reading this right. I applied from left to right based on Meguairs numbers. The ones that are not numbered, I used my best judgement and my personal preference. A cleaner wax always comes first which is why I used Zymol. Both the glaze and polish fill in the scratches. I finish those off with the Gold class wax which I honestly feel is on the lower end of Meguiars product line. I could throw it at the end or the beginning and I don't really think it would make a difference. I don't really notice much improvement with it. After all that, I use both the Meguairs sealants. Up to here could probably be considered the typical 3 step (Clean, Polish, Protect). Followed by that I use the NXT wax which is supposed to be the most durable of all the products. I finish with the #26 Carnauba wax because I feel it gives the deepest shine of all the products and is what I use as a topper in between washes.

I'm not sure if I'm reading this right. I applied from left to right based on Meguairs numbers. The ones that are not numbered, I used my best judgement and my personal preference. A cleaner wax always comes first which is why I used Zymol. Both the glaze and polish fill in the scratches. I finish those off with the Gold class wax which I honestly feel is on the lower end of Meguiars product line. I could throw it at the end or the beginning and I don't really think it would make a difference. I don't really notice much improvement with it. After all that, I use both the Meguairs sealants. Up to here could probably be considered the typical 3 step (Clean, Polish, Protect). Followed by that I use the NXT wax which is supposed to be the most durable of all the products. I finish with the #26 Carnauba wax because I feel it gives the deepest shine of all the products and is what I use as a topper in between washes.

But the cleaner wax isnt the same thing as their paint cleaner. Cleaner wax would be step 3 in their system not step 1. By polishing afterwards you polished out the wax and glaze and then moved on which seems wasteful to me. In my mind with those options it would have gone polish, glaze, sealant (probably the nxt) and wax topper (probably the yellow).

Oh how I wish that I knew the first thing about detailing cars beyond just washing them. :drool::drool:

Whats wrong with the tint?

Just a pet peeve of mine. Purple-ish tint makes the car look cheap. Maybe its the pictures of maybe I should start getting more sleep. I love your car regardless. It would be hard to drive that car outside the garage, so clean you could eat off it.

Last edited:
But the cleaner wax isnt the same thing as their paint cleaner. Cleaner wax would be step 3 in their system not step 1. By polishing afterwards you polished out the wax and glaze and then moved on which seems wasteful to me. In my mind with those options it would have gone polish, glaze, sealant (probably the nxt) and wax topper (probably the yellow).

thats what i was thinking. glaze does absolutely nothing to repair the surface. its purely used to add gloss (that little extra umph) after polishing and before sealing/waxing. it has no cutting properties like a polish. my understanding was cleaner wax is part polish, part wax to reduce steps. its a one step product for the average user. if your doing all those steps then skip the cleaner wax. polishing removes all wax products and smooths out the surface so that u can then lock in that smooth glossy surface with a sealant/wax. u removed the glaze since you polished after it. wash, clay, compound (if needed), polish, glaze (if you choose to), sealant or wax (if doing both, likely sealant first then wax)

Since you're trying to keep it stock put the SVT emblem back on the left side of the trunk.

I'm glad to see that someone else is keeping their SVT clean stock. :cool:

:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:
DSCN0626.jpg

that is what my tailpipes looked like until ford put the new motor in...

I've used a few, and the Tech Wax really did a good job on the silver car. I'd never use anything else.

You can even see the top of the bottle in this one. Lol.
2ndlayer.jpg

Well come in and start up a thread about what you have to use and what you're willing to use. It will give me something to think about while I'm bored at work. :)

Back