• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

National meet?

Steeda...

Something Like a Professional
we should do something national in the fall? thoughts?

Like location etc? Somewhere outside of MI or IN.

Like florida, texas, lousiana or something. With a decent road course and drag strip and such

Apparently the Dragon Run was the "official" fall meet for last year, so you could always go to that in '07.

For the past few years, I have offered to host a national fall meet in NH, but not enough people showed interest.
NH usually has dragway events on Friday nights and then autocross events on Sundays. The NE crew usually does their annual fall cruise on a Saturday.
That's a pretty full weekend right there.

When I was down there Joey mentioned that there is a drag strip and road course within 15 minutes of Houma. Seems like they were pretty reasonable to reserve from a cost standpoint. I think it would be a good central location to have a meet. There's a dyno in Baton Rouge as well, and you already have several highly knowlegable Contour enthusiasts right there who might be willing to help organize it.

I would be more than happy to help organize if you decide on FL.

We just had a great turnout for a FL meet that myself and my wife put together.

I'd be interested in planning something in South Louisiana.
Just within an hour radius we have a nice drag strip, Roadcourse, swamp tour/dinner cruises, a Dyno, the sole CDW27 turbo supplier, and other stuff too.

mid-october down here would be nice!

Well something needs to happen soon if its gonna happen. My fam is talking about going to ireland this summer.

Apparently the Dragon Run was the "official" fall meet for last year, so you could always go to that in '07.

For the past few years, I have offered to host a national fall meet in NH, but not enough people showed interest.
NH usually has dragway events on Friday nights and then autocross events on Sundays. The NE crew usually does their annual fall cruise on a Saturday.
That's a pretty full weekend right there.

Hey Kim, I really wished it was an "official" fall meet and now that you guys have the MS6 its the perfect time to come on down and really show what that car can do. One trip to the Dragon, no matter how far the drive is for you guys, will have you bit:cool: Expect the fall Dragon run, now about to become a 5TH ANNUAL event for us (us coming from way out of town that is) to land somewhere around the end of Sept/early Oct due to Hectors wedding on Oct 20th. No were not asking anyone to work around our scedules, but its just when we plan on coming down there and hopefully it lines up for everyone else too. We will have a pole up right after SZ to get the weekend nailed down, then get the cabins early so they don't get sold out and then count down the weeks and then the days:laugh:

We can't afford the time/money to go anywhere else in Sept/Oct because we visit a new NFL/MLB stadium every September.
Fall cruising is best enjoyed in New England anyway. ;)

We can't afford the time/money to go anywhere else in Sept/Oct because we visit a new NFL/MLB stadium every September.
Fall cruising is best enjoyed in New England anyway. ;)

Aint nothing like coming to see the SF Giants, Raiders & 49'ers play in the same weekend. September 8, 9 & 10, respectively.

Jet Blue flies direct from Boston to Oakland as well which keeps the cost down.

Start planning!

I'd be down with a trip somewhere this fall. I might fly and rent instead of driving if it's too far away, but NE is on my list of places to visit that I haven't been yet.

'Course, WI is so much closer....

If we could do it somewhere in the center of all this madness that'd be great, like St. Louis. It'd be hard to convince the wife to travel all that distance in the car. But then again she could stay at home and do the dishes or something, j/k. :laugh:

I've always liked KC and St. Louis as locations for national meets, but if the NE folks want something big out their way, so be it. I'm in it for the people, not the sightseeing.

Back