• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

19s anyone?

BriceRice

CEG'er
I have a set of 18'' RS5 and looking to move up to 19s. Wanted to check to see if anyone that has a set of 19s could tell me if they rub at all and hows the ride is. Pics would be great too.

i got axis sevens and they rarely rub with 225s in both. they only rub when i have a lot of weight in the back. but they are definately worth it.....

i got axis sevens and they rarely rub with 225s in both. they only rub when i have a lot of weight in the back. but they are definately worth it.....

What suspension are you riding on? Any subs in the back? I'm looking to put a good size system in later.

Too bad you can't get SSW's in chrome or silver. I'd be all over it, despite the rubberband tires I'd be running :laugh:

http://edgeracing.com/images/wheel/ssw_eclipse_(gun_metal)_angle_zoom.jpg

If you're lowered you will rub at times, but nothing to worry about too much. The Axis Ne-O's that Starjammir owns used to be owned by a guy who's tour was slammed on GC's n Konis.. if he can do it, I'm sure you could do it too :laugh:

Yea thats, suspension kit is on my list. I started up a group buy for the koni sport kit, trying to see how low we can get it.

yea yea I know, sorry i dont have $1400 to drop on a TCE brake kit. Thats the last on my list actually, maybe next year near SZ. Suspension, 3L and Turbo come first!

i hate my 19's with stock suspension, and stock brakes. looks really out of place

IMG_0609.jpg

There are no brakes for the contour that would look good under 19" wheels. Well they might look good but they'll still be small.

i just have springs and rest is stock. yes i used to have a heavy system but i took it out for that reason. plus if you add one more person back there with you in the car then a corner is like death, rubs a lot. but no weight and just a passenger or a kid its fine.

Back