Eyelids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyelids

How sticky should the 3m tape on the Top Shop fiberglass eyelids be?? I just got some new ones from another CEGer and I peeled back just a little piece and the tape barely stuck to my finger. That didn't seem quite sticky enough to me.
    Dave
    If you are wondering where the avatar came from look here. http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showth...03#post1021703

#905 of 2150, born 12/14/99 \ knauberized \ Pioneer H/U \ topshop eyelids \ painted oval - Jade
    In Chicagoland, need an OBDII or ABS scan, look me up.

your fingers have oil on them.. it might stick better on a cleaned headlight.

still should be damn sticky though
    WRB Subaru BRZ Limited (current car)
    Black CSVT on FSVTs (SOLD)
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3933448/
    TRed CSVT on FSVTs (previous car)
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154233

Comment

Originally posted by Berkel View Post
      your fingers have oil on them.. it might stick better on a cleaned headlight.

still should be damn sticky though
      That's what I was thinking, maybe I'll prep them and take them to SZ get some "hands on" advice, can always put new tape on if needed!

I just went back out to the garage, cleaned my fingertip with alcohol and the tape is much stickier, believe it will be fine!!
      Last edited by D.Acker; 05-03-2008, 07:55 PM.
      Dave
      If you are wondering where the avatar came from look here. http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showth...03#post1021703

#905 of 2150, born 12/14/99 \ knauberized \ Pioneer H/U \ topshop eyelids \ painted oval - Jade

Comment

I had no problem with mine . They arent going anywhere.Plus i think they look great too.

Last edited by raymond; 05-07-2008, 12:28 AM.
        Cardomain
        second owner of silverfrost E1 #6,325 of 6,535 born on 06/04/1998

Comment

did anyone ever find thinner tape? that way the eyelids don't stick up as much?

god it has been a nightmare trying to match up my t-red paint. i swear duplicolor has two shades of t-red, light and dark. i just cant find the light shade i used to use. so i just hit them with white primmer tonight to help lighten the t-red up. i hope it works.

i even got some paintscratch dot com vin matched paint and thats farther off then duplicolors. this used to be easy.
          Last edited by SVTJON87; 05-07-2008, 11:13 PM.
          -Jon
          99 SVT Contour T-Red. #2437 Sold 11-18-14
          08 Mazdaspeed3 Crystal White

R.I.P Scott Frost 4/27/07. I will never forget you.

Comment

Originally posted by SVTJON87 View Post

god it has been a nightmare trying to match up my t-red paint. i swear duplicolor has two shades of t-red, light and dark. i just cant find the light shade i used to use. so i just hit them with white primmer tonight to help lighten the t-red up. i hope it works.

i even got some paintscratch dot com vin matched paint and thats farther off then duplicolors. this used to be easy.
            Try matching Cabernet Metalic Red like our Windstar, code D6, had to have it mixed at the NAPA distribution center, $70 for the small non spray can..
            Dave

Comment

Those eyelids look sweet.
              1999 Silver Frost LX

Comment

thank you.
                Cardomain
                second owner of silverfrost E1 #6,325 of 6,535 born on 06/04/1998

Comment

I have 4 primed fiberglass eyelids here right now that I will sell for $35.00 a set shipped in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by SVTJON87 View Post

I went to a shop and had them do it from the factory paint code, for the same reason your having issues. The T-red out of the can just doesnt stand up/blend as well.

One must prepare himself to post on CEG

Comment

Originally posted by Recoveryone View Post
                      I went to a shop and had them do it from the factory paint code, for the same reason your having issues. The T-red out of the can just doesnt stand up/blend as well.

what kind of money am i looking at for that?
                      -Jon

Comment

i wouldn't pay more than 50 bucks for something that small.
                        buy me,95 conotur se
                        http://contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=36638

Comment

ok then i think im sold now. lol.
                          -Jon

Comment

WHen I had my rims done it was $25 per wheel, and the break down on the rest:

Spoiler painted and mounted
                            Splitter painted and mounted
                            Eyelids painted and mounted

came to $400
                            One must prepare himself to post on CEG

Comment

thats a good price IMO
                              -Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X