Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 15" Solo Barics

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2 15" Solo Barics

    http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...videoid=121406

    Let me Know what you think...
    Non Contour System...
    95 Contour SE
    5 Speed.
    SVT Swap.
    MSDS Headers.
    Stock Interior.
    Mesh Grille.
    Broken Rear Struts.

    96 Dodge Avenger
    4G63 AWD Swap.
    T3/T4 Turbo. (19 PSI)
    Momo Seats.
    Smoked Tails
    Smoked Headlights

  • #2
    LMAO. I'll leave it at that.
    Vinny 2000 T-RED CSVT
    MODS: 18" REV model 2 ST200 struts/Roush springs
    CTA intake Pipe/K&N Filter
    Dtec Heatshield
    Optimized TB
    True Duals w/ magnaflow mufflers/resonators

    Comment


    • #3
      cool its loud... Awesome... But too bad it sounds like complete garbage.
      98' Contour SVT #2037- 132k, (blk/mnb) 04' 3L ported w/ SVT cams
      01' Chevrolet Blazer- 115k, mostly stock

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by pre98zetec View Post
        cool its loud... Awesome... But too bad it sounds like complete garbage.
        Ever heard an internet video of a sound system that doesn't sound like crap? I'd have to hear it in person. Either way its overkill.
        2000 SVT Black/Tan #1163/2150 SOLD
        2007 Grand Prix GXP 5.3l V8 342hp/358tq
        2009 Saturn Vue Redline V6 AWD
        2014 GMC Acadia Denali AWD

        Comment


        • #5
          It really dosn't sound like crap.
          It's a complete system. It's just to much bass for the Camera Video to pick up I suppose.
          It's got all Componant speakers. And 4 Tweeters. All powered by Amps.
          It's not all just Bass. It's loud too.
          And as far as being overkill. Thats all in personal opinion.
          Loud is what I do.
          Some of you do what you do. Exterior Modifing. Interior. Whatever it is yall do.
          I do systems. To be LOUD. I don't want you to -Hear- Me 3 blocks away.
          I want you to -Feel- me 4 blocks away.
          I actually am used to this. And what to go louder.
          So like I said being over kill is a opionated comment.
          But I enjoy the feed back.
          95 Contour SE
          5 Speed.
          SVT Swap.
          MSDS Headers.
          Stock Interior.
          Mesh Grille.
          Broken Rear Struts.

          96 Dodge Avenger
          4G63 AWD Swap.
          T3/T4 Turbo. (19 PSI)
          Momo Seats.
          Smoked Tails
          Smoked Headlights

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by CarpePoon View Post
            Ever heard an internet video of a sound system that doesn't sound like crap? I'd have to hear it in person. Either way its overkill.
            I'm talking IRL.. L7s sound like garbage... anyone who says they don't have NEVER heard a decent sounding sub... Just like when people say Type R's sound good... i laugh

            Nothing wrong with loud... i just like to be able to hear the music and not muddy/sloppy bass a L7 produces. I'd never trade in my Audioque HDC315 for louder.
            98' Contour SVT #2037- 132k, (blk/mnb) 04' 3L ported w/ SVT cams
            01' Chevrolet Blazer- 115k, mostly stock

            Comment


            • #7
              See yet again thats another personal opinion.
              I've been into car systems for 10+ years.
              I've had my share of subs. I think that if you heard L7s that were properly powered you would have a slightly different Opinion.
              Yes many people do get these subs and only push 1,000 Watts to them
              Then yes I agree they sound like :censored::censored::censored::censored:.
              But if they are properly powered then it's a whole new story.
              95 Contour SE
              5 Speed.
              SVT Swap.
              MSDS Headers.
              Stock Interior.
              Mesh Grille.
              Broken Rear Struts.

              96 Dodge Avenger
              4G63 AWD Swap.
              T3/T4 Turbo. (19 PSI)
              Momo Seats.
              Smoked Tails
              Smoked Headlights

              Comment


              • #8
                Nobody is doubting that they can get loud. I just think most people on this forum are more into SQ than SPL and have a much better appreciation for a setup that sounds good rather than just being loud. Anyone can throw 1000 watts to a pair of 15's and make them get loud. Personally, when I hear a well designed SQ system "which is much more difficult to accomplish" I'm much more impressed.

                Originally posted by llx3L View Post
                See yet again thats another personal opinion.
                I've been into car systems for 10+ years.
                I've had my share of subs. I think that if you heard L7s that were properly powered you would have a slightly different Opinion.
                Yes many people do get these subs and only push 1,000 Watts to them
                Then yes I agree they sound like :censored::censored::censored::censored:.
                But if they are properly powered then it's a whole new story.
                Vinny 2000 T-RED CSVT
                MODS: 18" REV model 2 ST200 struts/Roush springs
                CTA intake Pipe/K&N Filter
                Dtec Heatshield
                Optimized TB
                True Duals w/ magnaflow mufflers/resonators

                Comment


                • #9
                  Great your loud, almost sounds like the subs are clipping though...... I can't wait till your stuff gets stole though because you announced to a 3 block radius that your vehicle has a system in it... You need some dynamat.... An this is why your going to have hearing problems in no time..

                  This Appendix is Mandatory

                  I. Computation of Employee Noise Exposure

                  (1) Noise dose is computed using Table G-16a as follows:

                  (i) When the sound level, L, is constant over the entire work shift, the noise dose, D, in percent, is given by: D=100 C/T where C is the total length of the work day, in hours, and T is the reference duration corresponding to the measured sound level, L, as given in Table G-16a or by the formula shown as a footnote to that table.

                  (ii) When the workshift noise exposure is composed of two or more periods of noise at different levels, the total noise dose over the work day is given by:

                  D = 100 (C(1)/T(1) + C(2)/T(2) + ... + C(n)/T(n)),


                  where C(n) indicates the total time of exposure at a specific noise level, and T(n) indicates the reference duration for that level as given by Table G-16a.

                  (2) The eight-hour time-weighted average sound level (TWA), in decibels, may be computed from the dose, in percent, by means of the formula: TWA = 16.61 log(10) (D/100) + 90. For an eight-hour workshift with the noise level constant over the entire shift, the TWA is equal to the measured sound level.

                  (3) A table relating dose and TWA is given in Section II.

                  TABLE G-16A

                  _________________________________________________
                  Reference
                  A-weighted sound level, L (decibel) duration,
                  T (hour)
                  _________________________________________________
                  80................................... 32
                  81................................... 27.9
                  82................................... 24.3
                  83................................... 21.1
                  84................................... 18.4
                  85................................... 16
                  86................................... 13.9
                  87................................... 12.1
                  88................................... 10.6
                  89................................... 9.2
                  90................................... 8
                  91................................... 7.0
                  92................................... 6.1
                  93................................... 5.3
                  94................................... 4.6
                  95................................... 4
                  96................................... 3.5
                  97................................... 3.0
                  98................................... 2.6
                  99................................... 2.3
                  100.................................. 2
                  101.................................. 1.7
                  102.................................. 1.5
                  103.................................. 1.3
                  104.................................. 1.1
                  105.................................. 1
                  106.................................. 0.87
                  107.................................. 0.76
                  108.................................. 0.66
                  109.................................. 0.57
                  110.................................. 0.5
                  111.................................. 0.44
                  112.................................. 0.38
                  113.................................. 0.33
                  114.................................. 0.29
                  115.................................. 0.25
                  116.................................. 0.22
                  117.................................. 0.19
                  118.................................. 0.16
                  119.................................. 0.14
                  120.................................. 0.125
                  121.................................. 0.11
                  122.................................. 0.095
                  123.................................. 0.082
                  124.................................. 0.072
                  125.................................. 0.063
                  126.................................. 0.054
                  127.................................. 0.047
                  128.................................. 0.041
                  129.................................. 0.036
                  130.................................. 0.031

                  http://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owad...ARDS&p_id=9736
                  Last edited by CSVT_2004; 01-09-2008, 01:15 AM.

                  1999 CSVT #1745 of 2760 T-Green/P-Tan
                  DD
                  Viper 791XV & Res Delete

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think the whole Solobaric L7 line sounds good in a sealed enclosure. Then again, it's a matter of preference. SQ>SPL imho. Unfortunatley, people that are into SQ usually aren't posting videos of rear view mirrors vibrating on the internet. Likewise, I think a lot of people have a negative view of the L7 series because they haven't heard them in a sealed setup.
                    Black 1998.5 LX
                    3.0L Split Port Conversion
                    HMS Transmission
                    Lots of other stuff
                    Ressurected 06/14/06

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by muntus View Post
                      I think the whole Solobaric L7 line sounds good in a sealed enclosure. Then again, it's a matter of preference. SQ>SPL imho. Unfortunatley, people that are into SQ usually aren't posting videos of rear view mirrors vibrating on the internet. Likewise, I think a lot of people have a negative view of the L7 series because they haven't heard them in a sealed setup.
                      I've heard the L7 in a seal enclosure, and I agree it sounds okay, very loud sub, but I like to listen to fast upbeat music, so I have 10s to accommodate the style of music I listen to.....

                      1999 CSVT #1745 of 2760 T-Green/P-Tan
                      DD
                      Viper 791XV & Res Delete

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        All this talk about what sub and how much power...
                        what about the enclosure?

                        Originally posted by CSVT_2004 View Post
                        I've heard the L7 in a seal enclosure, and I agree it sounds okay, very loud sub, but I like to listen to fast upbeat music, so I have 10s to accommodate the style of music I listen to.....
                        cone size has zero impact on the dynamic response of a speaker
                        2000 'Tour 147K Zetec/Auto
                        1999 Mitsu Montero Sport Ltd 175k 3.5L
                        1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe 2.3L 283K (R.I.P. )
                        1989 19.5' Sunbird 4.3L OMC/Cobra

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          ARC audio ftw :)
                          2002 Cougar
                          http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z...roject%20Grip/
                          2000 SVT Contour
                          http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z...SVT%20Contour/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            When the hell did this section get so full of personal opinion becoming fact horse****?

                            Sounds like **** because it's recorded on a camcorder microphone. You think the mike on a handycam was meant to handle that much volume? I'm thinking no.

                            As for the blanket "L7s sound like garbage" statement? Given the proper enclosure, proper setup and proper amplification they can sound just fine, though most poeple set them up for SPL. Obviously there are better SQ drivers available on the market, but not everybody is aware of them and really, saying the L7 sounds like **** is just a bit of an exageration.

                            So what we have here is a guy that loves the hobby (you'll notice this hobby is losing people's interest alot lately as factory options are becoming more complex) that built a pretty impressive system probably meant to be loud, that has succeded in being that, and all the "enthusiasts" here jump on him because it's not thier cup of tea? You guys know better than this. It's not like he came here and said it's better than Jesus then raped your dog. He was just sharing his work with the rest of the "enthusiast" crowd in here.

                            but I like to listen to fast upbeat music, so I have 10s to accommodate the style of music I listen to
                            A 15" sub plays a 60Hz frequency at 60Hz, just like a 10" sub. No matter how big your driver is 60Hz will always be 60Hz. A 10" sub playing from the same source a a 15" sub will play at the same pace. The only major difference being that the 15" can play lower frequencies than the 10, and the 15" will have more than twice the output due the size of the radiating surface. The only benefit of a smaller driver over a large driver is space requirements and packaging. Having more than twice the radiating surface of a 10" sub, a 15" sub will require less than half the power to play at the same volume as well.

                            For instance, I own a 16" ED 16Kv.2, which uses the same motor as an 11Kv.2. Looking at the specs for the two, the small sub has less output at low frequencies, but has better response at high frequencies. Since it's a subwoofer and you are crossing it over around 60-100Hz the high frequencies aren't even played. Likewise, the response at low frequencies from the big driver will liely be caught by the amplifier's subsonic filter, and if your amp doesn't have one? Well you can't hear that low of a frequency anyways so it's wasted energy. So basically, we have two drivers that really only differ in radiating surface area. a 15" driver has a surface area of 176.635 square inches while a 10 has only 78.5. So it would require more than two 10" drivers to replace the output of one 15" of the same make.

                            Now people often claim the added weight of the larger cone causes the larger sub to become less responsive or "slower" but again a quick look at the driver's response graphs shows that the difference is marginal, and seeing as the larger driver doesn't even have to move the cone half as much to acheive equal volume, that difference is nullified. Plenty of SQ championship winning cars use larger drivers over a smaller diameter cone. If you have the room, they make the most sense. If you need the space or certain packaging, you'll need to use a number of smaller drivers in thier place.
                            Last edited by Honkeytonk Monkey; 01-13-2008, 08:24 PM.
                            2003 LG FOCUS ZX3

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Honkeytonk Monkey View Post

                              A 15" sub plays a 60Hz frequency at 60Hz, just like a 10" sub. No matter how big your driver is 60Hz will always be 60Hz. A 10" sub playing from the same source a a 15" sub will play at the same pace. The only major difference being that the 15" can play lower frequencies than the 10, and the 15" will have more than twice the output due the size of the radiating surface. The only benefit of a smaller driver over a large driver is space requirements and packaging. Having more than twice the radiating surface of a 10" sub, a 15" sub will require less than half the power to play at the same volume as well.

                              For instance, I own a 16" ED 16Kv.2, which uses the same motor as an 11Kv.2. Looking at the specs for the two, the small sub has less output at low frequencies, but has better response at high frequencies. Since it's a subwoofer and you are crossing it over around 60-100Hz the high frequencies aren't even played. Likewise, the response at low frequencies from the big driver will liely be caught by the amplifier's subsonic filter, and if your amp doesn't have one? Well you can't hear that low of a frequency anyways so it's wasted energy. So basically, we have two drivers that really only differ in radiating surface area. a 15" driver has a surface area of 176.635 square inches while a 10 has only 78.5. So it would require more than two 10" drivers to replace the output of one 15" of the same make.
                              Someone did their research.
                              2000 Amazon Green Contour SE
                              Originally posted by Tourige
                              Bumpers are rice.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X