• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What am I doing wrong?

Headlight project in the future? Mine were actually yellowed at the top edges..Much careful wetsanding (mask off the fenders/bumper), buffing, plastX, they work well now, not perfect looking though. Looks good without the ding guards:cool: I need mine, even in my own driveway:nonono:

im afraid my clear coat will come off with it. one bottom edge has a tiny bit of clear coat pulling away from the paint on the door. grr

I used goo gone and my thumbs... it was a PITA and painful... but it did the trick... I started with the pass. side and it looks great.. then rear drivers side door.. again.. looks great...

Then I do my drivers door... and to my surprise the door had been painted in the past.... :help:must have been a cheap place because they didn't remove the ding gueards and just painted over them :mad: Leaving a WONDERFUL stripe... Grrr...

Plastic spatula (sp) I used it and about 30 sec later it was all off. DO IT!!

Why? Its not going to scratch it. I did it and i'd do it again.

I'm with you Bill. :)

I took the guards off of a dark green Contour and a black Silverado with an old AAA card. Worked great, saved my fingers and not a mark on either vehicle.

I saturated the glue with Goo-Gone, let it sit for a few minutes, the held the AAA card at an angle and took the adhesive right off.

I used goo gone and my thumbs... it was a PITA and painful... but it did the trick... I started with the pass. side and it looks great.. then rear drivers side door.. again.. looks great...

Then I do my drivers door... and to my surprise the door had been painted in the past.... :help:must have been a cheap place because they didn't remove the ding gueards and just painted over them :mad: Leaving a WONDERFUL stripe... Grrr...

<nelson> HA HA <nelson> But you can at least say that your car has original paint on it? LOL

Back