• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Heatshield Group buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pudmunkie

Hard-core CEG'er
The list from the old forums:
1. Posthuman63t - Deposit
2. Enigma11211 - Paid in full
3. Iluvmytour - Deposit
4. TourDeForce - Deposit
5. Dmitri - Deposit
6. 1314 - Deposit
7. Gooserex - Deposit
8. Harrry - Deposit
9. 00 SVEET - Deposit
10. Northernmystique - Paid in full
11. 111R - Paid in full
12. Kremithefrog - Paid in full
13. Wa2tuff - Paid in full
14. jefftourCT - Paid in full
15. Big daddy Kane - Deposit
16. CSVT1214 - Deposit x 2
17. Morbid - Paid in full
18. hetfield - Deposit
19. sonza68 - Deposit
20. PDXSVT - Paid in full
21. Sprebound - Deposit
22. Dino (forum name?) - Paid in full

I stopped by the shop today. Bad news is that it did not fit properly :(. Ill kep you guys posted, he is having a new one cut shortly.

Last edited:
I stopped by the shop today. Bad news is that it did not fit properly :(. Ill kep you guys posted, he is having a new one cut shortly.

What??!?!??!!!!111 That's ridiculous, I want my money back now! This has taken way too long and I'm tired of the obvious lies you've been feeding us since the beginning. We should get a posse together to come to your house and do unspeakable things to your dog. My brother's wife's best friend's sister used to date a third-shift dispatcher for your local police department, so you can expect a visit from them soon.

Ok, j/k. I'm not used to a GB going this well, as I think I'm batting about .500 for the handful I've been in. Things are looking busy for me for about the next week, so if it comes time for me to pay the rest of what I owe and you don't hear from me, please send me an PM (I should get an email notification).

Any update on this Pudmunkie?

Im working on it. Im visiting the shop tomorrow.

The issue right now is that he is doing this as a favor to me, and subsequently to you guys. If this were anyone else each of these would be at least 75 bucks before any bending and riveting took place (Im will be doing alot of the riveting to keep costs down for us). Because he isnt really making any money off of us we take a back seat to the big companies that are paying him full price ++ to do this.

He was also less then pleased with the number of people that actually ponied up deposits. Not to say that the 20+ we have isnt good. Its just he was expecting close to the 50+ that showed interest.

Bear with me ugys, im not going anywhere and im working for all of us to get these out!

He was also less then pleased with the number of people that actually ponied up deposits. Not to say that the 20+ we have isnt good. Its just he was expecting close to the 50+ that showed interest.

This is nothing new for CEG. I think something that anyone wanting to start a GB has to know going in is that you will only get 1/5-1/2 of the initial interest to actually buy the product.

Well, I should have known from my gauge pod group buy. Alot of people were interested, but I only had a small handfull pony up.

At this point, I just hope I can get people to hang in with me while I keep this rolling.

In the future, these will probably be available by order at a raised price.

There should be a stickied list of people who always express interest, then back out. Then those people should not be allowed to even post in the GB section...just a thought though

I'm still interested. I would like to see the final product and how it fits first though. If all is good then I will buy as my garbage can could use a replacement.:laugh:

I'm still interested. I would like to see the final product and how it fits first though. If all is good then I will buy as my garbage can could use a replacement.:laugh:

There were pics in the old thread. The new ones were made based on the old ones as it was the prototype. What more needs to be seen!

Based yes, made correctly...no. From what I read the dimensions came out all wrong and it has to be re-made. That is why I want to see the final product.

Its still based, but calculations were put in fudged.

Ever seen office space?

I know some people have specific reasons why they are not ponying up for the actual product, but 30 people?

For example, I wanted in on Toms group buy and expressed interest, but there was no time frame and when it came time, school has started and books are a bit more important. However, thats a large dollar item.

I get your point, but for the sake of debate...

That should only assure you that you are getting what you are promised. Based on the 1st heatsheild built by X company, it wasn't the same specs, so it was rejected. So it would be fair to say that until company X makes a heatsheild that matches the prototype, they will not be for sale and offered. Hence you will be getting an exact copy of the prototype.

Look it's ****ty there was so much interest in this item. And alot of people backed out.

1 year ago, i asked pud to make me one. He mentioned it was nearly impossible with the amount of time it takes to build me one. It would almost cost me 100 dollars.

Well now being a year latter. Pud gave it as a group buy.

I thank him for his efforts. And i have seen the shield in person and it looks great.

The idea, "i will wait to see final product". Would be a black eye to every group buy that is offered for us:blackeye:

When he got the first one done. The sheild was too wide, there fore hitting the battery. He could have said yes to the man for produuction of it.

They are fixing all the corner angles and lessening the distance so it doesn't touch the battery. Which obviously fitment is critical in this application. It does go on a slant angle.

Thanks for putting effort pudmunkies, and the man doing this for us cheap. Because to tell the truth. Pud make this run of sheilds and never again.

You try to help everyone out and people bail on you leaving you with nothing but wasted time and bad relations with companies.

Last edited:
Look it's ****ty there was so much interest in this item. ANd alot of people backed out.

1 year ago, i asked pud to make me one. He mentioned it was nearly impossible with the amount of time it takes to build me one. It would almost cost me 100 dollars.

Well now being a year latter. Pud gave it as a group buy.

I thank him for his efforts. And i have seen the shield in person and it looks great.

The idea i will wait to see final product. Would be a black eye to every group buy that is offered for us:blackeye:

When he got the first one done. The sheild was too wide, there fore hitting the battery. He could have said yes to the man for produuction of it.

They are fixing all the corner angels and lessening the distance so it doesn't touch the battery. Which obviously fitment is critical in this application. It does go on a slant angel.

Thanks for putting effort pudmunkies, and the man doing this for us cheap. Because to tell the truth. Pud make this run of sheilds and never again.

You try to help everyone out and people bail on you leaving you with nothing but wasted time and bad relations with companies.

Shoot...I was just wondering if there was a lil updated info on the status of the prototype...didn't mean to raise such a ruckus. I am glad that Pudmunkie is putting this together and I understand that this is relatively cheap considering the time and effort that goes into making something like this. Do not misunderstand me at all... Thanks Pud for doing this, I will try and be more patient.

Its still based, but calculations were put in fudged.

Ever seen office space?

I know some people have specific reasons why they are not ponying up for the actual product, but 30 people?

For example, I wanted in on Toms group buy and expressed interest, but there was no time frame and when it came time, school has started and books are a bit more important. However, thats a large dollar item.

Perhaps SPMotorsports and/or CTAMotorsports would be interested in buying a bunch too. Your sheild fills a gap that has never been filled by a quality product, such as yours.

Ever seen office space?

I want those TPS reports on my desk first thing in the morning mmmmk

[whisper in the background] Where's my stapler? [/whisper in the background]

On a serious note. Despite the 1st one coming out a tad fudged, I do believe that when these do come out they are going to look amazing based on how Pudmunkie is making sure the demensions are perfect and as nice the original one. That being said I would like to pay in full for 1.

Pudmunkie, what is the best way to send $. I'm guessing you have Paypal. Can you give me the address again. I tried going back to the old thread on the old site but it seems the GB thread is not there anymore.

Based yes, made correctly...no. From what I read the dimensions came out all wrong and it has to be re-made. That is why I want to see the final product.
I didn't post on the "interest check" thread, but if the production piece looks good I would like to buy (2). I guess you could say that I, like teamSVTour, am waiting to see how the final product turns out before I commit my cash to this group buy.

I am actually deciding to buck up and pay now b/c I doubt this GB would come around again. I don't want to miss out on it. Plus I have faith that they will come out as good if not better than the original. My current rubbermaid heat shield setup needs to be replaced.

Pudmunkie you have a PM. Let me know and I'll send the $ via Paypal asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back