• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Motha Trucka!

blu_fuz

New Member Classroom vulture
This is the reason I am selling my 2004 Silverado......

Welcome home my 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LTZ :drool: . Color known as Bermuda Blue. Picked it up saturday morning. Owner lived about 3.5 hours away so we drove down, test drove it, and made the deal.

For a truck that cost nearly $50,000 5 years ago, I got a f'n •••••'n deal for only $15,800 on ebay (first vehicle bought on ebay) . I was high bidder #3 and they sent me the 2nd chance offer :cool:.

6.0L V8
4x4
Super duty trans with cooler
Navigation
Rear backup camera
Park assist
Power steps

and the list goes on, and on, and on! The owner ordered this truck new and had $13,000 in upgrades alone!

$(KGrHqFHJCUE9!GMpm93BPZ0pHCnLg~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqRHJCIE9EwuE0U3BPZ0qY3HvQ~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqZHJFQE88fBbsi0BPZ0Rhd()!~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqVHJE!E88YlI4ZPBPZ0fs4Q1g~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqVHJDME9!NU,gZ8BPZ0lN4ysQ~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqVHJ!sE9BVYc,nwBPZ0,36I(w~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqFHJDkE9BB+-Er9BPZ0jCoUQg~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqZHJCwE9!Vqql6qBPZ0T11USw~~60_3.JPG

Thanks, the bermuda blue is really cool in person. Flops from teal to blue, and to purple. 2007 was the last year for this color option but the first year of the new body style. Kind of a rare combo and with the 6L V8 makes it even more odd.

133k miles - only new body style avalanche I could afford :laugh:. Well taken care of truck, business owner, one owner, not a scratch or ding on it. Everything else I priced out for 90K miles up to 120k miles were $18,500 or more :eek: :nonono: and had less options than this truck had. Easy decision to get this one because I would probably never find or own another one like it.

PS, I like the edit :cool: :laugh: because it really is awesome with all the upgrades.

i just had an argument about the 6l being offered in the avalance and the escalde version, i was told it was never an option, i sold the damn things, i remembered it being an option. that thing is optioned out! nice find.

I think the only option it doesn't have is the rear DVD - but I'm not back there anyway! lol

I am in love with this thing. (well, as much as you can be with a vehicle :laugh: )

It looks good and I like the color. I am glad you went with the one color and not 2 tone you see a lot of avalanches in. The only issue I would have in owning one of these is the mpg!

What is the black box to the right of the license plate? I figured trailer lights hookup but I see that mounted next to the hitch.

What is the black box to the right of the license plate? I figured trailer lights hookup but I see that mounted next to the hitch.

It's for the spare tire. You flip open the door, insert the wrench, and crank it to release the spare tire from under the truck.

Sweet arse truck! :drool: :cool: I'm still torn on whether or not to grab a truck. Gas prices are insane right now. :(

You basically grabbed the same deal I did when I bought my BMW ---> 5 years old, 129k miles, 1 owner - $15k. You can't pass up these deals when you find them! Good luck with it!

Can I has ur dash/center console, sunroof, and 6L please?

Nice truck man, really cant beat chevy when it comes to trucks. The interior might fall apart (mine is already starting to at 12k miles) but the powertrain wont stop going... I really wanted to go for the 6L, but I dont need the extra power especially at almost $4.50 a gal. Must be fun to have tho, but I do average 18mpg highway and city with the 5.3.

Sweet truck man. Were you shopping for Avalanches?

I am pleased to see that I'm not the only one that likes this thing :cool:. Thanks a lot guys. Sure every car company has it's flaws, but I am really happy to have this truck.

smokinjoe, I actually wasn't looking at Avalanches at all. My search was for a crew cab silverado or sierra 2007 or newer for about $14k. Obviously it would have to have 100,000 miles on it to be in that price range but I'm not afraid of miles. Motor and trans swaps can be done in a weekend these days.

I didn't really like the bulgy fenders on the new silverado's. They really went overboard with that flare out so I was focusing on the sierra because of the cleaner body lines. We did find a '07 sierra crew cab for $15,800 with 115,000 miles but it was smoked in, burn holes in the seat and headliner, smelled, had the bumpers dinged up and starting to rust, and the body had some "less than par" work done and it didn't really feel like something I wanted to spend that kind of money on......

While searching "sierra crew" there was an ad that popped up for an Avalanche. That's what got me interested in them. Started looking at the features and the consumer videos on youtube..... It met all the criteria:
-crew cab
-bed
-4x4
-new body style '07
-mileage

but of course the prices were not where we needed to be. Found this one on ebay and figured if I spent $15,800 or less that it would be a fantastic deal considering the options it had, how clean it was, and that it was WELL taken care of. The bigger motor and 13k in upgrades really sweetened the deal for me.

That's where it ends. I ended up with the EXACT truck I wanted for $15,800 and when I make a car deal I like to feel like I am really getting the most bang for my buck or that I really have some kind of rare combo and again this Avalanche is hitting all the marks and makes me giggle everytime I look at it.

The Sierra really does look much better than the Silverado, I really wanted one but couldn't justify the extra $ for one. Although I did find a crew cab Sierra fairly loaded with the 6.2L for a good price, but thats cus it had hail damage.

If you dont care about gas mileage too much your going to be much happier with the 4 speed trans, I really wonder about the reliability of these new 6 speeds and the sounds it makes along with how it lurches the truck forward on downshifts when slowing down. Those 4 speeds are muuuuuch smoother.

That truck looks like it was very well taken care of, good find!

6.2L Sierra would have been a nice setup, but like you said that extra money just isn't always available. I would consider hail damage too if the paint was still in OK shape. I would buy a PDR kit and go at it here and there when I had free time to get most the dings out. You would be fantastic at PDR and probably make some money doing it on the side for family and friends! :laugh: :cool:......

The 4 speed shift is really smooth like you said. You can feel the 8cyl to 4cyl drop, almost feels like a quick cylinder misfire and the tone of the exhaust changes. Other than that it is more than I could have asked for and was well taken care of. Detailed every weekend from what he told me. :drool:

My 99 Navigator, the sticker price was basically the same. LOL. I think it was $47,XXX or something like that. When I saw that, I couldn't believe someone originally paid that for an enclosed F-150. Looks like you got a great deal on a very nice truck. We test drove one (think it was an 04 or 05) and we really liked it. Only thing was the box is so small compaired to a full sized truck. Last week we ALMOST closed on a 2002 Sierra SLT Extended Cab 4x4 with the whatever 5 Liter Chevy has. 160K miles and $5950 +ttl.

Back