• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

35% Tint -- Pics Anyone??

ldyoung71

CEG'er
I am going to get my windows tinted today. The law here is 35% for front's and anything on back. I wanted to see if anyone has done 35% on all 4 doors? If so, do you have any pics? I seen a request for 20% tint, but I need to see what 35 looks like on the sides. All pics appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

I got it. My car is also the one on the top right of the website here. You can see how it compares to the others in the banner.

SZ2009218.jpg

EGPLNT2005.jpg

a little hard to see from this pic, but its really the only pic i have of my black svt where you can see the side
slammedsvt.jpg

OK. I think I am going to go with 35% all around to avoid any problems. I don't need it so no one can see me. I just think it makes the car look better. I have a T-Red 'tour.

Am I seeing things or is that really a contour trailer you are pulling? That looks pretty cool!

Yeah it's 35% the eye brow is 5% Here's another picture black car has 20% Silver one has 35%
DSC06145.jpg

I also had 20% and at night it is very hard to see out the windows......

go 35% on the doors and 20% on the rear window. because they are not directly side by side it isn't as noticable. with 20% on the rear window I typically don't have to flip the rear view mirror to the night possition.

also the interior color will effect how dark the tint is from the outside.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hmm. That is a good idea. In fact the tinting place I am going to bring it to suggested that I do that. He said that would give me an even tint look because the back window is not seen from the same angle.

That banner or eyebrow on the top of the windshield looks pretty cool! I think I might do that when I get my windows tinted. So it's just a 5% tint on it then?

So to everyone with 35% tint.. how did it compare at night to no tint? Did it really bother you at first? Does it still bother you? Do you hardly notice? I think whenever I get tint, I'm just gonna stick to 35% all around.

I have the 5% eyebrow too, love it. I never need to flip my visors down.

Dsc01049.jpg

newpics001-1.jpg

back window:
Dsc01037.jpg

another side shot:
X.jpg

Here's TRed for you...
DSCF0175_edit.JPG

According to the PO-leece it's 33%. :)
I have since removed the fronts as it's illegal here in Iowa... and $74 tickets suck.
Erick --

When I get pulled over for tint, I just remove the tinted glass and install some untinted glass and go get inspected. Then I re-install the tinted glass ;). No tickets, no re-tint costs, just a little time on my part.

We don't have inspection. Just cops that ticket for tint! HA!
I was pulled over 3 times in one month, so I called it quits. Sucks because I had tint all around on my Turbo Coupe and my 94 Cougar before. Never got pulled over. I think they were profiling! Maybe it was the red...............
Erick --

go 35% on the doors and 20% on the rear window. because they are not directly side by side it isn't as noticable. with 20% on the rear window I typically don't have to flip the rear view mirror to the night possition.

also the interior color will effect how dark the tint is from the outside.

Exact same thing I did, 28% on the doors and 18% on the rear window. Did the same thing to my new car because I liked it so much. A sunroof and tan interior will lighten things up. There are also tints that have a very slight "mirror" effect to them that dosn't change anything as far as seeing out, but will make the windows look a little darker from the outside.

Back