• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

35% Tint -- Pics Anyone??

Here's TRed for you...
DSCF0175_edit.JPG

According to the PO-leece it's 33%. :)
I have since removed the fronts as it's illegal here in Iowa... and $74 tickets suck.
Erick --

Looks good. Do you have the original suspension on this? I have a T-Red one and I like the way this sits. I have seen several with these FSVT rims. Where do you guys find them for the best price? ebay?

Lol, thats what I say too. I bought the Lightning with the tints installed. It's VERY dark. I have to open the rear sliding window to back up at night. I have no idea what the % is. Any ideas?
[Lightning]
I have 15% and it looks like that. i love it

I also had 20% and at night it is very hard to see out the windows......

I made the mistake of having 5% put on all the way around back in 05 when Ga. did away with the law then reinstated it in 06 I believe. I have had 2 tickets since and it is impossible to see backing up at night.

I think mine is about 30-35, but it was on the car when I bought it. It came in around 27 (due to factory tint) when I was ticketed for it.

I usually just drive with the front windows down to avoid getting tickets.

PRO TIP: If you're in an area where they like to give tint tickets, you can roll down the front windows and unplug the driver side switch. It will disable all the switches in the car. Officer: "Roll down up your window so I can meter it"; You: "I can't the power windows don't work, see?" :laugh:

I made the mistake of having 5% put on all the way around back in 05 when Ga. did away with the law then reinstated it in 06 I believe. I have had 2 tickets since and it is impossible to see backing up at night.

I used to have a Daytona with 5% all the way around PLUS louvres on the rear window. Talk about BLACK! I could have pulled up next to a cop in broad daylight and swilled beer in front of him and he never would have seen me. :) I miss that car.

I think mine is about 30-35, but it was on the car when I bought it. It came in around 27 (due to factory tint) when I was ticketed for it.

I usually just drive with the front windows down to avoid getting tickets.

PRO TIP: If you're in an area where they like to give tint tickets, you can roll down the front windows and unplug the driver side switch. It will disable all the switches in the car. Officer: "Roll down up your window so I can meter it"; You: "I can't the power windows don't work, see?" :laugh:
Another trick is to open your sunroof.....it makes the tint look lighter also.

Ha! I got pulled over a couple of years ago and the officer wanted to measure my tint (it was later measured at 13% by state trooper) but my driver's side window switch was getting blue LEDs install by whoever does that here, so none of my windows would roll down. It did make him nervous to see me open my door as he was walking up to my car.

Back