• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Get off my ass you freak

They don't warranty for :censored::censored::censored::censored: and they clunk most of the time. Even stock blown struts don't clunk like konis do...... I think that is what he is talking about.

Biggest POS's ever!!!!:mad:

Geez Todd tell us how you really feel :laugh:

what are you doing now vic:crazy:

Long story short... Put on a new Bat sway bar, didn't get a chance to box in the sub. Hence it snapped the mount. Went to my local shop to take it off and swap injectors.

Took the bar off and put it on a chair behind my car near the shop entrance, Friggin scrap metal guy's come and snag the (Bar, new endlinks w/ ES bushings) while I'm under the hood :nonono:

Greg(aircougar), Being the friggin Man hooked me up with a spare sway bar(Rouar's) he had laying around along with a complete rear sub he boxed in for me.

Geez Todd tell us how you really feel :laugh:

Always do. Just as fuz said. Blow out easily. Metal used in the rod is butter soft. Can't keep a wrench on it if you have a fussy nut that holds the strut cap on. Had to sawzall to get it apart. The cost to rebuild is more than a new strut. The rears clunk on my car. They're painted by a 5 year old with paint drips down them. You have to have an original receipt to get any warranty done on them. I could go on and on.

Always do. Just as fuz said. Blow out easily. Metal used in the rod is butter soft. Can't keep a wrench on it if you have a fussy nut that holds the strut cap on. Had to sawzall to get it apart. The cost to rebuild is more than a new strut. The rears clunk on my car. They're painted by a 5 year old with paint drips down them. You have to have an original receipt to get any warranty done on them. I could go on and on.

+1

Biggest pieces of crap.

the aftermarket sway bar was fine. the subframe bracket had ripped off.
The car had 21mm sway bar and aftermarket 2bolt clamps against stock subframe. Both clamps broke 1 bolt and bent, cracking the subframe at both locations (though not destroying the tabs, as SVT Loki's subframe did). The clamps bent back into shape, the sway bar was fine, and Greg boxed the subframe.

Also... I'm not sure if I owe a Thank you to Rouar for the sway, So Thank you Rouar. I do plan on replacing it

+1

Biggest pieces of crap.

Yikes. I'm glad mine are hanging in there and hope they continue. The last time I heard of anyone dealing with Koni they shipped them the replacements at half cost and then refunded the amount back when they received the old piece and he didnt have the original receipt.

Back