• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A CSVT on passtime on Speed channel?

ryanblacksvt

I'm the Dork who ran 14.9 on PassTime. :)
YES I will be on passtime when it airs I would say in a few months , I will let you know when I see it coming up. It was taped today at commerce Atlanta Dragway). After a LONG weekend I got in and did my episode. They are doing 10 total shows here and I am episode 8 car 2, right behind a yellow cobra.

Friday I got there Friday morning and went to do a test and tune run and did the best burnout of my life and went to launch and my stage 2 axle snapped in 3 pieces,yes 3!!! The track was sooooooooooooooo sticky and thats NOT like commerce. So a Friend Grant went by my house and got my oem axle and we fixed it and went this morning after I was told yesterday by the guy who picks all the cars to be there to be on the show and was picked before some better cars

Well I went up and DAMN Paige (the car wrangler) is much hotter in person, but I went up and talked to Brett and the 2 judges and Ken and awnsered the questions (wont say what they are, you will have to tune in and see for yourself ;-) then went and did a small burnout cause nerves were through the roof from the axle break and running on kdw street tires then launched and wheel hopped till I think the 60' mark:blackeye: then went and the turbo stuttered for a second and I over extended the axle when I put it in, newb mistake I take full responsability. But I ran a pathetic 14.9 but hey atleast we have a csvt on national television and the #1 ranked show on speed right.

I dont know what they guessed, they bring you back to the car before they announce that so you dont know and sway towards someone. All in all ,yes I ran a CRAPPPPPY time but I had fun and a csvt was on passtime!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAND if you know anything about drag racing you know who Tim Lynch is, well he was there Friday night and was going for a record breaking pass on the show and launched a SOLID launch and got squirrely towards the end and hit the wall going probly around 160-180mph and then flipped the car and went accross the 1320 at I think 67mph at 8.something seconds. He is fine and it will be aired!

Well on to some pics,some are cell phone pics.

Fixing the axle
passtime004.jpg

The carnage
passtime001.jpg

passtime002.jpg

passtime003.jpg

When I broke on friday
broke.jpg

Filming the show on friday
passt.jpg

Got my acceptance on the show
passtimecred.jpg

The guy filming me and the car then the car for the intro when Brett says "Lets meet our next driver"
pass.jpg

passti.jpg

wow i can't wait to see this! i love Passtime and i will be watching! finally a csvt on tv. sorry to hear about the axle. car looks mean as hell!

Congrats! I see you already changed your sig.:laugh:

I hope you wore a mullet.:laugh:

lol nooo mullett, I had to wear my fire proof jacket and helmet though.

wow i can't wait to see this! i love Passtime and i will be watching! finally a csvt on tv. sorry to hear about the axle. car looks mean as hell!

Thanks man, yeah there were alot of nice cars, there was a Lime Green Lambo that ran a 10.9 that night in the combo round, but ran a 10.000 earlier in the day. In the combo he ran against a f/i viper. But yes I think the car just being on the show is good for the "contour movement" ya know.

Hey, glad you got on the show! Sucks you broke and couldn't put on a better show. At least you were able to get a SVTC some airtime :cool: Very Cool!

Oh yeah...the best idea you have on an air date is a few months? They didnt say anything else? Bring this thread back up when you think it will air.

Hell yessss dude!!!

that is great....I'm going to program my dvr to get this ish.

Nice job getting on the show ryan and representing contours :laugh:

Hell yessss dude!!!

that is great....I'm going to program my dvr to get this ish.

Nice job getting on the show ryan and representing contours :laugh:

Thanks brother, I meen I ran a crappy time but most people were today as well. Buuut none the less I was on it and repped the csvt, and had my contour.org stickers there for the cameras!!! I loved being able to do this. I got nothing but love from all the racers and the passtime crew, the guy picking all the cars had a modded lightning in front of me and came and looked and talked to me about the car and said "You go ahead of the lightning, you MUST be on the show, thats 1 rare HOT car"

I got nothing but love from all the racers and the passtime crew, the guy picking all the cars had a modded lightning in front of me and came and looked and talked to me about the car and said "You go ahead of the lightning, you MUST be on the show, thats 1 rare HOT car"

Now that would be :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing awesome to hear... especially when your about to be on tv.

Did you only get 1 run in? Other then the run where you broke your axle?

I thought stage 2 axles were damn near indestructable...guess not. Can't wait to see the show :cool:.

I thought stage 2 axles were damn near indestructable...guess not. Can't wait to see the show :cool:.
no they aren't. from what I have read, you could have a stage 2340823423 axle and the exact same thing is going to happen every time with these cars.

do you normally run with differant wheels\tires on the front and rear axels or was it just for the beefier 16's on the front??? aside from the differant wheels the car looks amazing

Too bad it wasn't higher than a 14.9 because then it would have shown those people out there that contours aren't just for granny... I'm curious to what questions the contestants asked you and what they thought you were going to run...

Back