• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Okay i seriously give up???

Harrry

Addicted CEG'er
seriously!!

I have had this 3 cly misfire for ever now.

Replaced.

1. 3rd and 4th spark plug
2. 3rd fuel injector
3. New wires
4. New coil pack

wtf could be left. No oil or anything on the sparkplugs when i checked them.

What could be left. the car feels great. there is only a slight hesitation when putting the foot down and then the Light flashes. Other than that daily driving it flashes 3 times a day. I count about 13 flashes total each time. My code reader says P0303.

I hate to say it Harry but you need a valve adjustment.

You are describing the exact same problems my brother was having when he bought his 2k SE

We tried the exact same fixes you tried.

In the end it was the valves.

I hate to say it Harry but you need a valve adjustment.

You are describing the exact same problems my brother was having when he bought his 2k SE

We tried the exact same fixes you tried.

In the end it was the valves.

Well when i did a UIM/LIM cleaning. I looked at the valves to make sure everything was okay and nothing feel down inside it. But to want to pull the valve covers...meaning pull everything back apart to check for that rear valve. Is going to be more work than i want to do right now.:blackeye:

seriously!!

I have had this 3 cly misfire for ever now.

Replaced.

1. 3rd and 4th spark plug
2. 3rd fuel injector
3. New wires
4. New coil pack

wtf could be left. No oil or anything on the sparkplugs when i checked them.

What could be left. the car feels great. there is only a slight hesitation when putting the foot down and then the Light flashes. Other than that daily driving it flashes 3 times a day. I count about 13 flashes total each time. My code reader says P0303.

Have you determined that the problem is not the 4th injector?

.....Wastefire coil pack system. Coil fires 3 and 4 at the same time.

A CEGer had an issue (a few years back) with P302 where we thought that it was fuel injector 2 when it turned out to be injector 6. A live data scanner could show which one it is.

similar issue to one i had a few years ago,ended up being my upstream o2 sensor:shrug:

Really lol. wow man. This replacement list is going on and on lol.

How did you figure that one out? That is very interesting.

Yesturday it flashed a mutli misfire code :shrug: P0300. turned it off and it has never turned back on since then.

is it a partial throttle misfire by chance?
i just kind of stumbled on the answer,i did the same as you,new tps,coil,plugs and wires several times,new maf,gaskets,uim/lim cleanings. finally i was just like,lets do the o2's.

Really strange that an O2 would cause that. It is a Contour though. LOL. Might have a faulty wiring harness Harry. At least the injector harness is easy to do and lots of harni in the junk yards.

Really strange that an O2 would cause that. It is a Contour though. LOL. Might have a faulty wiring harness Harry. At least the injector harness is easy to do and lots of harni in the junk yards.

Lucky me bagged gave me one :)

As far as The o2's i replaced mine expect the up stream o2. Is there 2 or 1? I thought there was only 1 up stream on the front header and the rear has only a lower o2 :shrug:

I can't remember i guess i have to take a look.

well if this helps....

my car will misifire if i don't have dialectic grease in it, if i don't run spiral core wires, and if i don't use copper core plugs.

Lucky me bagged gave me one :)

As far as The o2's i replaced mine expect the up stream o2. Is there 2 or 1? I thought there was only 1 up stream on the front header and the rear has only a lower o2 :shrug:

I can't remember i guess i have to take a look.
4 O2s. upstream banks 1 and 2, downstream banks 1 and 2.

well if this helps....

my car will misifire if i don't have dialectic grease in it, if i don't run spiral core wires, and if i don't use copper core plugs.

Ya know i was thinking about that the other day. When i put my new wires on my coil pack wasn't greased. So i might have to pick some up now :(

4 O2s. upstream banks 1 and 2, downstream banks 1 and 2.

Thanks, i assumed so because it wouldn't have made any sensor to have it on one bank only :crazy:

Wouldn't a scanner tell me if they weren't within a certain tolerance?

Back