• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Not a sales pitch

The guy is a douche obviously. It is NOT worth 8k.

http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/PricingReport.aspx?ManufacturerId=15&YearId=1998&VehicleClass=UsedCar&VehicleId=6441&PriceType=Private+Party&ModelId=428&Mileage=64000&SelectionHistory=6441%7c6222%7c55811%7c0%7c0%7c245502%7ctrue%7c245511%7ctrue%7c245570%7ctrue&Condition=Excellent&QuizConditions=

Also quote, "It has a 200hp dual over head cam V6".

Quite obviously this guy knows not much about the SVT. If nothing else he apparently doesnt read his owners manual either.:nonono::nonono:

Edit: It doesnt have a sunroof either.

Last edited:
What is TERRIBLY off from what you quoted?

the 98 SVT had a 195hp DOHC V6... the 99, a 200hp DOHC V6. You're busting his balls over a 5hp mistake, or something else?

I agree, its over priced, but.. one begs to question what exactly it is the seller "doesn't know" that you apparently do.

What is it?

I correct myself...

But yes I am BS'ing about 5hp. False advertising is enough grounds to sue.:D

I honestly cant believe he put that price on it.
Aside from the hp thing, hes asking almost three grand more than the car books for. And thats in mint condition.

I wouldn't call him a douche. I might call him optimistic, however. Eight grand would be more than all the marbles.

Not uncommon for folks to have limited knowledge of these types of cars anyway, as we all know. Between my 2 former SHOs and the SVT, I've spent a bit of time telling people that I don't drive the same car as their mother. :laugh:

I wouldn't call him a douche. I might call him optimistic, however. Eight grand would be more than all the marbles.

Not uncommon for folks to have limited knowledge of these types of cars anyway, as we all know. Between my 2 former SHOs and the SVT, I've spent a bit of time telling people that I don't drive the same car as their mother. :laugh:
LOL.. Nice..

But as I said, the info is all in the owners manuals in these cars. All you have to do is read through it. I have on my car. I honestly think it should be a requirement when purchasing a car.:laugh:

Funny thing is, California cars are very cheap. I look at San Francisco Craigslist every once in a while and find them going for $3500 - 5000 at the very most, all in good condition.
For example this '99 SVT (sold by a dealer, no less).

You never know with ebay... he may get a buyer at that price even if its priced too high.

Back