• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2007 Calender??

SoundQ SVT

Hard-core CEG'er
Is it time to start thinking about it?

I was just wondering because I took some pics of the car last weekend with hopes of making a couple submissions. I think I have some nice ones to choose from this time around.

you made the '06 calender...didnt you get the memo...no submissions allowed, haha, jk obviously, i was wondering the same thing myself, where is GTOpete these days?

Why don't we use this thread to post ONE pic of our car we would like to be considered for the calendar? Say, for the thread's sake, at a max resolution of 800x600, and also state what max resolution you have it available at. It might help to jump-start the process.

Calender.jpg

Figured I would put the first pic up because I'm excited for the New calender.

Max Res- 2576x1932

Last edited:
Let's also not turn this into a picture criticism thread.
Just picture submissions and that's it. I think that's a fair request.

What about a Calender Suggestion thread..

Like IMO id love to see the December or January pictures be.. well snowy...

And for the love of god can we PLEASE get one night shot this year? WE NEED ONE SOOO BAD!

I would like to see a greater representation of non-SVTs in the calendar. After all, SVTs account for a very small percentage of actual Contour production, so I think we need to find some of the finer examples of the "lesser" models.

This is my favorite pic of my car. Max resolution available is 2576x1932

10011324an7.jpg

Continued.....

Tourige said:
Like IMO id love to see the December or January pictures be.. well snowy...
December AND January. Possibly February too. Excellent suggestion!

And 2000myst...NICE JOB molding your bumpers! I'm not a huge fan of the gold, but that's some damn fine body work!

Last edited:
No more repeats either. Let everyone get a chance.

well then people need to pay more attention to detail and take better photos, make sure the photos are of a very high resolution, etc if they want to make the calendar as I remember last year these where common issues with photos people submitted ...

I say let those who want to try try and let the best pictures win, I know there where better ones then mine last year ...

i also have a calender suggestion...i love the layout and everything, but how about a little info on like the lower left/right corner about the car, location etc...nothing major, but im like oh ya this is so and so's car...not sure where he/she is from or where the pic was taken

example...
Name
CEG Name
Car info (no mods list or anything just basic info)

If you want non-SVTs, new cars, etc. represented, then take good pics! I would rather look at creative, high quality, repeats than crappy pics of new cars.

IMO, best 12 pics takes it. Be it SVT, repeat, whatever. If it is judged otherwise, I dont really want to purchase one.

I would like to see a greater representation of non-SVTs in the calendar. After all, SVTs account for a very small percentage of actual Contour production, so I think we need to find some of the finer examples of the "lesser" models.

The photos are judged by a lot of CEG'ers. The photos with the highest marks from 1-10, get into the calendar. I know that this is how it was last year, as I was a judge. If you look back at the submissions from last year, you'll see why there are a lot more SVT's, as well as the year before.

I'd personally like to see more close-ups in the calendar. Pictures that show the detail of the car, and not focusing on the background so much. With that said, I should take some new pics to submit!!

Mark

i really dont think this is the official threat yet anyways, but the one pic rule isnt gonna hold up, thats just ridiculous, SVT/GTOPete is the guy who puts this whole thing together and he hasnt even posted in here yet

It isn't official.. but:

I will state, as well, that we should limit this to one picture (if any), at this time. The calendar is not anywhere close and we don't want most of our good entries given yet! That, and the fact that its just more and more bandwidth for a person to go through to read a thread that isn't even officially pertaining to the calendar.

So.. let's keep it to one picture, shall we, please?

okay, ill throw one into the mix

not the greatest shot, but hey, its something to look at, haha and i think last year it got started up around this time and i think the finished up in late dec....so id say the sooner the better, at this point it takes no work from the crew that puts it together, all they have to do is start a tread, give an entry deadline and let the pics fly

Last edited:
Back