• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CTA Motorsports Zetec Intake Kit (We may start making them again, but...)

Soo, when is the intake ready for market and sale?

Well, as we are able to get supply on some parts, others are now holding us up, namely the silicone vacuum hose and silicone elbows. Once we have these parts available to us, we can then start making the intake kits to order.

We are still considering the idea of selling individual parts, but that makes things more complicated for us. It's easier to have the complete intake kits ready to sell. As it currently stands, we will sell the intake kits as complete, customer supplies us information as to whether you have a 4 or 6 wire MAF, basically same as for the first generation kits. Kits will recirculate the valve cover gases to stay emissions legal. We will sell customers crankcase breather filters at an extra cost, customer will have to block the intake pipe vacuum port themselves. CTA will not take the responsibility of customers choosing to make the kits emissions "illegal".

As far as colour choices, we will start by offering all intakes in polished aluminum piping, blue couplings and hoses. If we can get our suppliers together to get us stock on other colours, black and red will also be made available. All intake filters will come in blue. Intake kits will be built as per order due to the varying colour choices.

Last edited:
Everything seems to be running fine. I haven't had a single problem with it thus far.
Early next week, I'll be taking her in for a general checkup (oil/filter change), but I don't expect to have any problems related to the intake.

Once we get things settled in, we'll be able to offer the intakes in a few weeks. This all boils down to the time of the year and getting stock on certain items required to build the kits. It's hard to get all the pieces at once, since suppliers don't generally stock a lot of the parts that we need for these kits. Price looks like it will remain at $199.00USD.

OK.. No posts on this thread for a while.
Are these going to happen?

I am possibly picking up a 98 I4 Contour as a daily driver and I don't want it to get too jealous of 00 SVT.

I am very interested.

<=== (* wakes up & removes cobwebs from monitor *)

I'm gonna buy some piping & build my own setup.

SleeperZ setup? Or something different?

I'll wait another few weeks for any up date on the CTA intake. If nothing progresses, custom made one will be on my to-do list.

For what ever reason, our supplier seems to be having issues supplying us with silicon vacuum hose, so this is still our hold up. :(
Once we get that settled, we can start making the kits to order.

Intake Manifold for Ford 2.0 zetec motor

Intake Manifold for Ford 2.0 zetec motor

Yes very much so,i can never find them at any auto parts store.All i can ever find is the K-N Filter,It,s very hard to find any performance part,s for the Contour Zetec,s.Thank You very much.Would help me out 100%. Finger,s crossed'''. Jerry

Back