• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My boost build thread

sorry but this is a stupid thread. it went from "i've got a vortech supercharger kit coming on soon" to "look at my wheels which i dont have tires for and all my awesome stickers"

MORE BOOST THREAD!!!! :p

well you dont buy slicks in the middle of winter, you wait till it gets warmer

only had 2 hrs to work on it last night car went up on jackstands, UIM/tb off, brakes off, y pipe off

if you dont like it dont read it

power adders and tires go hand in hand. tricker you should know this, you have more hp then anyone on ceg. lets see your slicks.

power adders and tires go hand in hand. tricker you should know this, you have more hp then anyone on ceg. lets see your slicks.

R comps last summer didnt go very well with tons of negative camber.

going for different suspension next summer, 18" wheels and then some nice tires. no need for slicks, just gonna run NT-01's or something like that.

jaged i'm not trashin ya seriously, i'm just pimpin' ya for some pics of the supercharger stuff :)

its all stashed away neatly in a cabinet in the garage, if you didnt know what it was, like my wife, you wouldnt know it was there

and i run about -3* front camber during events. i had wheel bearing issues last season so tires went quick, that and a 245 isnt really supposed to be on a 7" rim

its all stashed away neatly in a cabinet in the garage, if you didnt know what it was, like my wife, you wouldnt know it was there

Haha what are you going to tell her when your car is twice as fast, or maybe even when your installing it?

Anyways can't wait to see it done, a little boost in power will compliment your suspension nicely.

havent had a chance to work on it, but here are some pic for tricker

IMG_5549.jpg

IMG_5550.jpg

IMG_5551.jpg

IMG_5552.jpg

motor came out of the car today with no issues. its a lot easier when there is no ac crap in the way. have to go to a bday party otherwise the flywheel would be on by this afternoon

clutch is ordered, waiting to hear back on the fd for the trans, so im going to start to PnP the exhaust ports on the heads tonights

I might have missed this somewhere but did you have problems with your spec clutch at all? And what clutch are you going with this time?

i didnt have any problems with it other than a chunk falling off of one of the pucks, even then it still engaged fine, granted ive had this clutch in for 2-3 yrs, and it was beat on HARD.

i got the clutchnet 6 puck

and the motor is now ported on the exhaust side, not a monster port job. If i wanted to do that i would pull the heads and valves and do it properly. dont have the time for that, maybe next time it gets pulled. the intake side is actually really matched to the oval port LIM

Got that valve cover. The parts will be coated and out the door on monday so you should have them tuesday.

worked late tonight so i didnt get any work done, but my wife was kind enough to degrease the engine bay for me. all it cost me was a back rub. now i can do some touch up painting and make it all nice and bright

IMG_6460.jpg

a pic of the difference in ported and stock
IMG_6459.jpg

tomorrow im going to clean up the block and pull the timing and valve covers off the motor

and ive got a question, in the vortec manual it says to put the oil feed line on the back allen plug of the rear head. ive got my oil pressure sending unit and the accusump plumbed into the with a T fitting. would it be ok to run the oil feed line off of the front allen plug of the rear head?

Back