• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Less... tame?

Anthony

New CEG'er
I'd kind of like to get an exhaust that sounds a little less tame, or a bit louder than the stock exhaust, without sounding ricey. (I have a 2000 24v 2.5L SVT)

I don't have a whole lot of money, (college sucks!) so I was wondering if you wise people had any suggestions. Or is there anything I can do with what I've got?

just cut out the resonator and put a straight pipe in. or gut the precats. or cut the back mufflers off and replace them with some magnaflows.

You missed the most common mod which is replacing that resonator with a magnaflow muffler.

You missed the part where t poster of this thread said, he is a poor colloege student.

That is why the above person recommended putting in a pipe instead :shrug:

No I saw that part but unless he's gonna slide under the car to cut and clamp/weld it wouldnt end costing that much more. A shop will probably charge you at least $10 for the straight pipe when even a Cherry Bomb is only $10 more.

No I saw that part but unless he's gonna slide under the car to cut and clamp/weld it wouldnt end costing that much more. A shop will probably charge you at least $10 for the straight pipe when even a Cherry Bomb is only $10 more.

1 foot pipe from an auto pat store is 6 dollars max. 2 clamps 1.50.He can have it done for 9 dollars if he wants.

In no way shape or form do i recommend going this route.

^ x2

PIC_0008.jpg

i have two magnaflow resonators, MSDS headers, and a custom Y-pipe going to stock mufflers. IMO, its the best sounding svt i've ever heard.

Thanks for all the tips/suggestions.

My curiosity is killing me. IF I WASN'T A POOR college student, what would be the optimum setup?

Well everyone is going to have a different answer. I have a Borla catback system and I love the sound/tone...but if you want it too be loud, Borla is not the way to go. I may look into getting headers and a ypipe which should wake it up a little..we'll see.

Back