• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Magnaflows... rear muffler or resonator?

juankordonez

CEG'er
Can anyone tell me, what option is quieter?

a) Use rear magnaflow mufflers with stock resonator

B) Replace my stock resonator and put a 22" #10435 magnaflow resonator with stock svt mufflers

I tried before the #10435 magnaflow as middle resonator, but I didn't like the sound, It wasn't a svt sound.

I'm wondering to replace the stock svt rear mufflers and put magnaflows, trying keep the same size in length.

I need help!!!
sorry my english, is not perfect

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3120547

IF you didn't like the sound of it before, then put the stock resonator on and ugprade the rear mufflers.

You will net more power with the upgraded resonator though.

Yup, maybe try a glasspack? I had a Magnaflow 10435 res on my SVT catback that was on my Mystique and loved how it sounded...

I've heard the glasspack res'd svt exhaust too and that sounds good as well. May be a little closer to the sound you're looking for but it'll be louder too...

Yup, maybe try a glasspack? I had a Magnaflow 10435 res on my SVT catback that was on my Mystique and loved how it sounded...

I've heard the glasspack res'd svt exhaust too and that sounds good as well. May be a little closer to the sound you're looking for but it'll be louder too...

ive got a glasspack on my green one and straight pipes out and its loud, but has a really nice sound to it . ill post a vid of it when im done putting a motor in it.
and ive got the magnaflow 10435 res going in my red one with two bosal exhaust tips , ill make a vid for that one to and see how you like it

Back