• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

RAD's 3L build

Once again I am going to bring this thread back because I feel it is unnecessary to start another one. I am going to a JY tomorrow to get a 65mm TB off an 01 Mustang GT. I called Checkers to see if they had a mustang TB gasket available (assuming you use the Mustang TB gasket) and they asked me if it was a SOHC or DOHC 4.6L and said the gaskets were different between the two. Do you use the Mustang gasket? if so which one? and is the TB different between the two engines?

Once again I am going to bring this thread back because I feel it is unnecessary to start another one. I am going to a JY tomorrow to get a 65mm TB off an 01 Mustang GT. I called Checkers to see if they had a mustang TB gasket available (assuming you use the Mustang TB gasket) and they asked me if it was a SOHC or DOHC 4.6L and said the gaskets were different between the two. Do you use the Mustang gasket? if so which one? and is the TB different between the two engines?

Just use ur stock gasket. Remember, when we install these on our car, its installed upside down. And so, what happens is u have to cut & trim the gasket to allow the TB plate to open up without hitting it.

Back