• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Zzzzzzz!!

I'm around. Glad it is finally spring, and got the basement/garage fixed up a bit, so I am hoping I will spend more time down there this summer.

I just bought a 98 CSVT from the original owner, and I joined the forum. Hopefully as time goes on more people buy these cars and keep the forum going!

Too friggin' busy! A project on my car that would normally take me a day has been taking me weeks because I have no time.

Yeah. It was ten times easier when I first joined the forum and was still in college and only worked part-time and was single. Everytime I set time up to try to do car stuff something comes up at work, with the dog, or with my girlfriend. Never a dull moment. Is it too early to retire? lol

Yeah I have to admit my attention has moved to mustangs and onto the local club scene so I'm not here that much anymore. I was looking into building a motor for my current mustang but I'm going to cruise what I got and since I put alot of hard work into it I don't want to wreck it :eek:. I'm now on the hunt for a clean roller and I'm going to cage it and build a nice track only car ( really want to 351/ turbo) since I'm getting bit by the drag bug pretty hard by the group I'm with and while its fun helping out with their stuff I want in on some of the fun :laugh:.

I did get some new tires for the tour though...yokohama S drives, nice tires.

I just thought of this place. I'm sort of here. My car isn't even on the road yet for the season. Hopefully soon though. I got smacked pretty hard by the "Life" bat, so time is very hard to come by. I've been thinking of mothballing the SVT since I now have 2 Harleys and that is where my passion is now. Anyway, if some sort of meet were to be arraigned I would love to catch up like old times. I'll peek in here from time to time.

I'm now on the hunt for a clean roller and I'm going to cage it and build a nice track only car ( really want to 351/ turbo) since I'm getting bit by the drag bug pretty hard by the group .

How about a twin turbo boss 347? You know, just for fun? lol

How about a twin turbo boss 347? You know, just for fun? lol

I thought about a 347 at one time for my street stang but since I'm doing a track only car I'm going with 351 dart motor stroked. I'm looking for a notch, gutted interior then I'll cage it, run through the floor sbfcs and other bracing. I'm going with a tubular k member, build up a 8.8 rear and then run a torque arm rear suspension. plenty of time yet to design the whole thing but 10 to 9s would be the goal with 8s later.

Over the past few days, replaced my accessory tensioner pulley and cabin air filter (with new weatherstripping around filter housing and cowl). Replaced my cut gear stalk with a stock one, with reverse lockout and stock shift knob in pristine condition, got all three from ancosta a few years back. Car still needs new roll resistors (have the parts) and oil change before I drive it too far, but it's coming along. I am taking the Subaru to SZ next week.

Back