• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

Yeah well Duluth sucks. I hate this city. Its a joke.

True. Good shopping, good scenery and that is about it. The city politics in that town sucks so freakin' bad and they can't get any decent "larger" tech company there. Lets create as many min wage jobs as we can......:help: I mean heck. Here you can go to the mines and start off around $15-$20 per hour no problem....not the greatest work in the world but pays good....and they take people left and right

If I liked small towns more I would move up there for work. But I dont so I wont.:laugh: I really really wanna move down there. And yes this citys politics blow. Ever notice how the buildings and homes are going up more in Hermantown than in Duluth? Go figure.

If I liked small towns more I would move up there for work. But I dont so I wont.:laugh: I really really wanna move down there. And yes this citys politics blow. Ever notice how the buildings and homes are going up more in Hermantown than in Duluth? Go figure.

You can still buy our house! :laugh:

dultuhs city is so f'd up, im suprised anything gets accomplished in this town... wait, it doesnt.

i am looking from here, to the twin cities, all the way over to eau claire WI.

elraido is right, go to college, best time (so far) of my life. it is a whole lot of fun!

if your selling the mystake, oops, mystique, that are you going to get?

Not the ones Ive driven.:shrug: I think they are really nice. I just wish I could afford to own one for 16k.:cry:

For $16K buy Stazi's car and have around $6K left over. :laugh:

They can't bad cars just a plain crusing car that is nothing special. Sure they are new but after the "new" factor wares off, you will see what it is. That is why I went from the 95 to a Regal, then sold the regal to go back to the 95 and then got the SVT> :crazy:

Actually I have started falling in love with these. I like everything about them.

Much worse than the prior generation model in nearly every way. I agree they handle like a freight boat; the interior is just heinously bad in form, feel and function; no manual option; huge exterior size with small interior space... Sorry to be such a [female dog] about them, but I really liked the prior two generations, and they utterly RUINED it with this one.

You can easily buy one for 16K, as they have been around for several years.

Much worse than the prior generation model in nearly every way. I agree they handle like a freight boat; the interior is just heinously bad in form, feel and function; no manual option; huge exterior size with small interior space... Sorry to be such a [female dog] about them, but I really liked the prior two generations, and they utterly RUINED it with this one.

agreed.

actually, if you were goinig to spend that kind of coin on a car, why not look at the mazda 6 or 3's?

the only newer pontiacs i would consider is the new G8's, the solstice (in saturn trim), and the last generation bonneville gpx (a good family/trip car, and i love the look. clean and mean).

x2

not to mention no 3rd pedal.

The reason I dropped the 16k figure is because we just got one in at work. 07 with 25k white/black. I could probably get it for maybe 14-15k.

We are talking about the same car here right? An 07 Grand Prix? I have driven several for work and I dont think they feel like a boat. But thats me. I really want an 06 GTP. With paddle shift?:drool::drool:

I do like the Mazdas but I think they are a little small for me. Right now though I am looking at a Focus ST. Me and my friend were just talking about them and tonight we found one at Cloquet Ford Chrysler. It has the SAP. Which is oretty hard to find.

Last edited:
I do like the Mazdas but I think they are a little small for me. Right now though I am looking at a Focus ST. Me and my friend were just talking about them and tonight we found one at Cloquet Ford Chrysler. It has the SAP. Which is oretty hard to find.

The focus ST is way smaller than the 6 :shrug: And only a 4cylinder. I like the ST personally but they are pretty small cars.

Meh... Have you ever driven one? Just so you know, they come with the 2.3 Duratec. And all the ST's are 5 speeds. Personally I would rather have an 07 Focus ST than my mistake. But thats my opinion.:shrug:

If I was going to get a focus I would get the 2004 SVT at Lundgrens....asking $7K for it.

Back