• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

I did buy a new motor yesterday.....55 lbs thrust minn kota bow mount trolling motor for $100. :)
Weak ;) Is it at least a 24v? I bought two new batteries this year (group 31 instead up from 24). By the end of last year I could only go about 2-3 hours on a charge depending on the wind.

It is a 12 volt. I don't know what my boats system can handle. :p It was an upgrade from my 28 lbs transom. I only have the one battery for the trolling motor and the battery for the regular motor. So I assumed, I just could have a 12V setup.

It is a 12 volt. I don't know what my boats system can handle. :p It was an upgrade from my 28 lbs transom. I only have the one battery for the trolling motor and the battery for the regular motor. So I assumed, I just could have a 12V setup.
Yup that is a 12v setup. If you had 24v you would have two dedicated trolling batteries and 36v is 3 dedicated trolling batteries... Some of those big baller rigs like Rangers, Skeeters, etc will have 3 trolling batteries, 1 starting battery, and 1 battery for just electronics! So they have 5 dang batteries on board, talk about $$$ when those get old.

I'm sure a 55lb thrust will scoot your boat along nicely! I went muskie fishing yesterday on the St Croix river, felt good to be back out! Season opened there on Saturday with Northern Wisconsin opener, MN opener is still a week and a half out.

Got it mounted and tried it out. I liked it, once I got used to it. Pulls the boat just fine! I also finally got to fish from the elevated seat up front! Didn't get a bite though. If I ever get a boat that needs 5 batteries, someone please slap me. The most I want is a 19 foot Lund/Alumacraft CS with around 90 horse Etec. That would also maybe require me to get a truck and not use the Pilot for towing.

Going to try an convince the wife to go out to Whiteface tonight.

Dang muskies are schooling me so far this year. My brother caught one with me the Friday after opener that was the biggest one for the boat so far, but otherwise they have eluded us. I set the hook on one last Wednesday and got a few cranks in before it managed to shake off, not sure what happened there I had a solid hookset with no drag slip. Feeling determined I went back Friday and had FIVE follows but none that would hit the bait. One of the fish followed three times on two different lures. Thinking I had them all patterned out I went back again Saturday and only had one follow... Sigh.

Here's one of the smaller fish from Friday, would estimate it around 40"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh4mhY55ZAo

I'm going to hit Mille Lacs this weekend at some point for some multi-species action. Smallmouth, Walleye, and Muskie; can't wait!

Oh, and I also changed the oil in the SVT this weekend. Found my Bradness Street Link was broken... Welded it back together but I don't know how long that will hold up. Going to order a new rod end for it because I feel like it will break again soon. Might have even found my AC leak, the hose that runs up and over the transmission has been rubbing on a bracket off the subframe and is really beat up. Will have to look at u-pull for some lines that are in good shape as I couldn't find anybody that sells that hose.

Sold the Fusion. :) Picked up a 05 Subaru Baja Sport. Slooooooooooooooooooow. It was too good of a deal to pass up. Even with 162000 on the clock, it still has a NADA value of $9500. I paid $3400. Had to do the rear brakes, a rear wheel bearing, tires, a good cleaning. And it does have an oil leak...might be the rear seal. Need to bring it it in to see what they can find. Ugly, but decent car. LOL.

Also sold the boat. Picked up a 99 Alumacraft Dominator 16.5 CS with a Honda 75 horse 4 stroke. :) It isn't as wide (6'4" beam vs 6'9") but the motor more than makes up for it...and it came with a Lowrance HDS 7.

Back