• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

You know what...

We need to get a serious meet/event going on this summer in MN. Something almost as big as SZ pulling together the north central peoples. I know there are a lot of guys that would come in for this over a weekend or something. I'm thinking we should all sign up and do the BIR performance driving school gig, it looks pretty sweet, but does come at the price of $310. Alternatively there is the MAP Proving Grounds weekend, which is June 20-22 at BIR. That looks like a blast and is only $160 for a HPDE/time attack road course session, which includes several 20min sessions.

Buncha pansies! I ran my fire car at elko a couple times, it was fun as hell. I cant imagine how fun bir would be.

I had to pull the Cougar back out to drive it to work today. I get to the gas station 2 miles from work to grab a energy drink. I come out and the 200 Amp inline fuse for my battery pops when I try to start it. :( :( My wife picks me up and the maint. guys at work make aluminum bar in the shape of the fuse. I was able to swap that in and get it going. The fuse is pretty old. The checked the wiring and there are no shorts anywhere. I'll get another fuse in there as soon as I can. Car runs and drives fine at the moment. No fires yet... :)

BTW my battery is in the trunk so the fuse is a safety feature in the 0/1 gauge cable I have running to the battery. I have had one blow on me before but that was 5+ years ago.

I had to pull the Cougar back out to drive it to work today. I get to the gas station 2 miles from work to grab a energy drink. I come out and the 200 Amp inline fuse for my battery pops when I try to start it. :( :( My wife picks me up and the maint. guys at work make aluminum bar in the shape of the fuse. I was able to swap that in and get it going. The fuse is pretty old. The checked the wiring and there are no shorts anywhere. I'll get another fuse in there as soon as I can. Car runs and drives fine at the moment. No fires yet... :)

BTW my battery is in the trunk so the fuse is a safety feature in the 0/1 gauge cable I have running to the battery. I have had one blow on me before but that was 5+ years ago.

Maybe you should carry a spare fuse as a lesson from this. ;)

I bought 2 on Amazon. It turns out they were packs of 5 so now I have 10 fuses. I guess I'll have quite a few spares....
:laugh: sounds like you're set.

I fired up my cougar yesterday after not driving it for probably close to a week. Battery light flickered for about the first 30 seconds. Not sure what that's all about, but maybe it has something to do with why my fuel sending unit reads empty sometimes at random. Bad ground somewhere maybe?

Anyone's last name "Hass" on here? I moved up to a new position at a different Honeywell site. I was talking to a manager (Jan Hass) in the area and he said that his son owns a silver SVT with a ported 3L motor in it. I was curious if it was someone that frequents the forum.

Back