• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

brisk 14 degree day today with wind like crazy. I sware I haven't seen a sunny day in like 2 weeks and this cold is starting to get old already.

brisk 14 degree day today with wind like crazy. I sware I haven't seen a sunny day in like 2 weeks and this cold is starting to get old already.

Brisk, indeed. I don't know how you deal with that bitter cold. You must really like it up there.

Brisk, indeed. I don't know how you deal with that bitter cold. You must really like it up there.

You lived in Montana, they had some cold weather as well. The summers are normally perfect though. 75-85 degrees with a low humidity rating, not a whole lot of people, cost of living is low, great land. Nothing beats skipping out of work for an afternoon to go fishing. Doesn't get dark until 10:00 pm at night, and I figure you would like street dances. They close off the main streets of the towns, live bands play and people drink beer all night long. :laugh:

You lived in Montana, they had some cold weather as well. The summers are normally perfect though. 75-85 degrees with a low humidity rating, not a whole lot of people, cost of living is low, great land. Nothing beats skipping out of work for an afternoon to go fishing. Doesn't get dark until 10:00 pm at night, and I figure you would like street dances. They close off the main streets of the towns, live bands play and people drink beer all night long. :laugh:

Yeah, I suppose you're right. Missoula, though, is in a valley. This keeps the temps a little higher and the wind a little less. In contrast, I would not live in Plentywood (northeast corner -- borders North Dakota and Canada) for love or money. I'm sure northern Minnesota is beautiful. I would be a fan of the snowbird approach, but then, I support that in New England, too. Miami for the winter would suit me just fine. :cool:

Though I don't dance, beer in the street sounds like fun. Kinda like Key West, where there's no open container law.

This is the downtown that has the better parties
application-photos.jpg

utilities1pix.jpg

Is that in Eveleth? Or do you have to commute out of town?

Nope, that is Virginia MN. 4 miles away. There is a group of 4 towns that are basically in the same area. Virginia, Eveleth, Mt. Iron, Gilbert. They are known as the Quad Cities. Figure all of them put together and there are 16K people. 30 miles to the west is Hibbing, they have around 20K people. Duluth to the south is 60 miles and they have 85-90K people. That is where most people go if they want some real shopping outside of Target.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: @ Eveleth.... I would die of COMPLETE boredom in those tiny towns. Although Duluth is 20 times the size and its not much better. :nonono::nonono:

Went out and started the Lincoln, went back in the house, and let it warm up a bit this morning so that the girl and I wouldn't freeze. It's not cold by Minnesota standards, but a bit chilly this morning. Windshield was frosted over.

I need to get my remote start going in the Cougar one of these days, before it gets really cold :)

Last night I replaced all the gauge lights in the Ranger because 4 out of 6 of them were burnt out. That was a huge pain :laugh:

Oh No-z!!! :laugh: It was 4 when I left work this morning. No wind though, it it seemed much warmer.

It would have been about 30 where I'm at. :laugh: 4 is too cold. I remember when my buddy and I were up skiing with my Dad, his girlfriend, and her kids about nine years ago. Dad reached into the cabinet for some chips. Unbeknownst to him, the young kids had already opened the bag, but from the wrong end. So when he held the bag upright and prepared to open it, every last damn chip in the bag went on the floor. My buddy and I thought it was the funniest damn thing going, and ran outside to laugh, despite the fact that it was 4 degrees outside.

That's my 4 degrees story. :cool:

Back