• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

YOU!!!!..... I have something I need your help with... :D:D

subs.jpg

This is not my area of expertise and I know very little. I recently bought a Sony stereo and two Alpine 2 way speakers. The other two are shortly to follow. But I need help with the setup... I have no idea what to do. I already have the stereo and speakers in but the subs are new to me. I just bought a box for them tonight.

Do you have an amp laying around? Also need a wiring kit...nothing fancy, you won't need 4 gauge wire or anything.

Do you have an amp laying around? Also need a wiring kit...nothing fancy, you won't need 4 gauge wire or anything.
No I dont have one. Still gotta get one of those. They suggested one at best buy but im not sure where im gonna get it right now. It might be a while before I get the amp too cause of this SVT kit thing.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/Source/CD-Players/DEH-P7800MP?tab=D

My new cd player for my car. All I can say is :drool: I am loving it, except for the small problem of trying to control my harddrive with it. It will play songs from it, but I have no idea how to control them.

Nice, I've never been a huge pioneer fan but that one looks decent. I installed one almost that nice a while back and it seemed okay.

Here's what I have:

It was nice back in its day (I bought it probably 4 years ago). Plays my ipod :cool:

Nice, I've never been a huge pioneer fan but that one looks decent. I installed one almost that nice a while back and it seemed okay.

Here's what I have:

It was nice back in its day (I bought it probably 4 years ago). Plays my ipod :cool:

Never have been a fan of Alpine. Wife had one a few years ago, and we both didn't like it.

The amount of features this cd player has is redunkulous. Great sound quality too....much better than my deh-p6400 that was made in 2001. :shocked:

Yeah, but I got a free car from Pud....all I had to do was buy his Tool cd in his cd player. I guess I should mail his plate and cd back to him one of these days. I have the envelopes for it just sitting at home. :laugh:

Oh yeah, I have been rocking to the 20 gigs of music in my car for around 5 years now....so suck that. I am thinking of upgrading the harddrive in it though. Supports up to 100 gigs. Figured out how to control it with the new cd player as well...it is just slow bringing up the names and folders. Cd player was only $150 as well. :p

Yeah, but I got a free car from Pud....all I had to do was buy his Tool cd in his cd player. I guess I should mail his plate and cd back to him one of these days. I have the envelopes for it just sitting at home. :laugh:

Oh yeah, I have been rocking to the 20 gigs of music in my car for around 5 years now....so suck that. I am thinking of upgrading the harddrive in it though. Supports up to 100 gigs. Figured out how to control it with the new cd player as well...it is just slow bringing up the names and folders. Cd player was only $150 as well. :p

Yeah no :censored::censored::censored::censored:, thats where that is... You give that back or im repo'ing the CD - if the car comes with it so be it!

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/Source/CD-Players/DEH-P7800MP?tab=D

My new cd player for my car. All I can say is :drool: I am loving it, except for the small problem of trying to control my harddrive with it. It will play songs from it, but I have no idea how to control them.

Nice head unit. The newer Pioneers IMO really are giving Alpine a strong run for their money. And I love (and currently own an) Alpine.

BTW, how is that little PPI 2240 amp doing?...I believe I still have the original receipt for it somewhere :eek: :cool:

Nice head unit. The newer Pioneers IMO really are giving Alpine a strong run for their money. And I love (and currently own an) Alpine.

BTW, how is that little PPI 2240 amp doing?...I believe I still have the original receipt for it somewhere :eek: :cool:

With the insane amount of tweeking I can do to the subwoofer, it is going great. Even figured out how to get the mp3 player to work right. How much did that little guy cost anyway?

At the risk of sounding old, I don't know how y'all deal with those aftermarket head units. The buttons are so small and randomly located that you could go off the road trying to change the station. Borrowing a friend's 1991 Taurus SHO so equipped, I was tempted to listen to some tunes until I noticed that operating the radio while operating the car was out of the question. It took a close look to even turn the bugger off.

Stock head units, thank you. :cool:

At the risk of sounding old, I don't know how y'all deal with those aftermarket head units. The buttons are so small and randomly located that you could go off the road trying to change the station. Borrowing a friend's 1991 Taurus SHO so equipped, I was tempted to listen to some tunes until I noticed that operating the radio while operating the car was out of the question. It took a close look to even turn the bugger off.

Stock head units, thank you. :cool:

This one is easy. See that big ole' knob looking thing on the headunit? That controls almost everything...it is kind of like a joystick. rotate it to turn up the volume, push it to change stations etc. Only 7 buttons on the whole thing
h130DEHP780-f_dgp.jpg

This one is easy. See that big ole' knob looking thing on the headunit? That controls almost everything...it is kind of like a joystick. rotate it to turn up the volume, push it to change stations etc. Only 7 buttons on the whole thing...

What's the story with the virtual garden?

With the insane amount of tweeking I can do to the subwoofer, it is going great. Even figured out how to get the mp3 player to work right. How much did that little guy cost anyway?

MSRP was $300. I purchased it on clearance from an authorized PPI dealer for $150 to power some JL Audio VR components (4 ohms stereo) back in 2001.

I sold it to Pud in 2005 to pay towards hotel room for Spring Zing '05. I believe Pud had it bridged 8 ohms mono to power a (SVC 8 ohm) 8" Memphis Audio subwoofer in his rear deck.

So....4 ohms stereo, 8 ohms mono...The amp has never really been pushed to it's limits (2 ohms stereo, 4 ohms mono). I remember reading a review that a car audio mag did on the 5 channel model. I can't recall the specifics but at 12 volts the amp was producing ~1.5 times it's rated power for channels 1-4 and the sub channel was equally as impressive. At 14 volts it was producing nearly ~2 times as much power as it was rated for. The review also gave the amp high marks for it's layout and x-over. Needles to say the PPI came out on top in the review.

It should hopefully have plenty left in it for you too.

MSRP was $300. I purchased it on clearance from an authorized PPI dealer for $150 to power some JL Audio VR components (4 ohms stereo) back in 2001.

I sold it to Pud in 2005 to pay towards hotel room for Spring Zing '05. I believe Pud had it bridged 8 ohms mono to power a (SVC 8 ohm) 8" Memphis Audio subwoofer in his rear deck.

So....4 ohms stereo, 8 ohms mono...The amp has never really been pushed to it's limits (2 ohms stereo, 4 ohms mono). It should hopefully have plenty left in it for you too.

If it goes, I still have a 1200 watt :)rolleyes: suuuuuure) sony amp and a small 4 channel alpine amp I can throw in there.

Same set up in the car with the Memphis and the amp. I don't think I am going to have to worry about it for a while. I like have space in my trunk again.

Back