• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

a way to get around the tint meters that slide over the glass it to tint the exposed edge of the glass with legal tint for two inches and then tint the rest how ever you want.
but if the officer has a two piece tint meter, you are screwed.

Thats a neat approach. When I used to go out to midway late at night on the weekends (cars cruising, police everywhere giving out silly tickets). I would unplug my driver's side window control and put it back together with the front windows down and the rears up. That way they wouldn't give me too much trouble since they couldn't see if the fronts were tinted at all, and couldn't get the reader over the backs if I couldn't roll them down (if you unplug the driver on our cars, none of them work) :laugh:

The one time I did get a ticket I think they measured ~25%.

Might have a submission for the calendar:
blechcopy.jpg

In this pathetic state nothing darker than 50% all around is legal..:nonono::nonono:

Yup he told me that. When he came up to me he asked me a few question...twice asked me if it was my car. Told him that I bought it 3-4 weeks ago from MI. After that he sort of relaxed and just told me a few things I need to do to make it legal for MI. A nice guy.

well michigan is somewhat retarded. front windows (driver and passenger) no more then a 4" strip from the top, which looks like garbage, but the back windows are anything goes.

I have 20% all around with 35% on the windshield, i like it dark. :laugh:

well michigan is somewhat retarded. front windows (driver and passenger) no more then a 4" strip from the top, which looks like garbage, but the back windows are anything goes.

I have 20% all around with 35% on the windshield, i like it dark. :laugh:

That is what bugs me....that it differs from state to state. Now I am going to remove the stuff. :nonono: Who ever did the job, did a fantastic one....only for me to have to remove it. And I am sure the rear is going to be great to remove with the rear defrost.

Be careful not to damage your defrost!

Maybe you should just bring it in and have the front and rear door windows re-tinted at 50, leave the rear one alone. Window tint = :cool:

i don't touch it unles i get in trouble, in which case i'll do one of two things, pull it then get it retinted after i settle the fix it ticket, or buy two windows and swap them in.

i'm probably going to buy new windows before winter so i don't have to deal with getting pulled over in winter.

Back