• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

WTS: 1995 Mercury Mystique

FrozenSection

CEG'er
Folks,

I'm going to be a total wuss and bow out of the Contour/Mystique thing.

I'm pulling 6-day 80-hour weeks for this academic year and I haven't even had time to clean my room. I'm most likely headed to Oregon at the end of June 2007 (job with 4-day workweek and nice moolah) and I'm not going to take both my Mystique and Thunderbird along Interstate 84 West.

Mechanically, the car has been incredibly reliable. The pistons are gliding along Mobil 1, and I change the trans fluid with every other oil change (~5500 miles). It's a 1995 model but only has around 88,000 miles on it. Some of the vexing early-model issues, such as corroded front coil springs and cheap-ass wiring harness, have been repaired at Ford's expense: I had the entire front-end redone in 2003 and the wiring harness replaced in 2004. Over half the A/C system was replaced just this past summer.

Cosmetically, there are little dings and scratches (mostly from the previous owner). I still haven't found a replacement dash finish panel (welcome to my world), but those of you who can break away from work to head to a junkyard can easily find one.

If you have relatives or friends who are looking for a reliable car, this may be it. If you're interested, please think of an offer and PM me. My default alternative is to junk it, but it's too low-mileage of a car to send to an early grave, and if there's anybody in the region who can appreciate the early-year Contiques, it's you folks.

Po

you going to let that 2k SVT go then?

No way Jose. :p

I just didn't have the time or money to complete it for winter like I wanted. Over the winter I'll be purchasing the engine and parts, and when spring comes, hopefully be ready to install.

In the meantime, I'm really trying to help out my mom and stepdad right now with some money issues since I'm doing good with my job. He needs a car badly and repairing the Mustang is not going to happen anytime soon. Too much work, not enough time and major lack of knowledge with those cars.

Back