• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

WTF ... snow?!?!?! (wisconsin)

We got about 2-3" of slush, which then froze. Fortunately I got most of it shoveled and threw salt down on the walkways before the temperature dropped below 20.

The forecast calls for highs around 30 for Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, with highs of around 25 after that and all with decent amounts of sun. I was an idiot and didn't get my gutters cleared before the storm and I've got some ice damming going on. As soon as my roof clears I need to borrow my neighbor's ladder and get up there :(

I have 4-5' long icicles on my house already. Granted I have no gutters and ZERO soffit ventilation. The roads out here are 2-3" of hard pack/ice,riddled with holes.

We got mostly rain out of that storm. There was a light dusting of snow here on Wednesday morning and that was about it. Got down to 3 degrees with the nasty wind though that blew around what little snow we did get. 50 miles to the NW of us got about 6 inches, 20 miles NW got about 3.... we were right on the rain/snow cutoff line.

Even though Wilmot Mountain is barely into Wisconsin it was a blast today. Snowed about 2 inches or so only throughout the morning, and the night time ride home was awesome everything was dry.

On the way there i saw some funny names

Wauconda IL, It justs rolls off your tongue and makes you sound ghetto.

There was a side street in Wisconsin called Nippersink, got a chuckle out of me.

And another road going through Wauconda, called Bonner Road. I had my girlfriend with me and then her little brother and his friend, they couldn't stop giggling.

I'll one up that,go up north on WI. And pass through the town of Pound and the town of Beaver.

It's all rain now,the car is cleaned off! Gonna be good times traveling tomorrow up to watertown.

Christmas Day was the same way... tons of rain but Hubby lost control on a patch of slush which wasnt plowed and we rolled our Jeep.. Fun little accident for sure.. thankfully neither one of us were hurt more than some scratches, bruises and soreness.

Funny thing is that it happened in the town of Greenbush, WI LOL

Yup, Wayne rolled the Jeep on Hwy 23 right before Plymouth... :(

we should know in about 72 hours or so if its totalled or not.. (my thought is yes)

another 4-6 for us today/tonight per that site... thats not too bad but it sounds like its going to be blowing and drifting to near blizzard conditions and drifting like all hell.

well its definitely coming up your way. snow didn't start until after midnight by me and there was only 2 inches on the ground when I left the house at 5am today.

I think the worst will be near the lake, and will start towards the end of the workday. This makes up for the storm back in December where lakeside stayed warm and got rain and inland got dumped on.

I'm hoping they are right about it ending soon out my way. I think we got 5-6inches thus far. Driving to brookfield tomorrow is going to suck :(

Back