• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Wrecked SVT for sale - Clean Title - $350

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhearCVBz

CEG'er
Hey Guys...posted this a while back for parts, but I just need to get rid of it as I don't have the time or energy to part it out...my loss is someones gain basically.

The car is complete minus the front and rear bumper covers (obviously the pics are from before the covers were removed, but that is it).

Damage is along the drivers side. The main part of the damage (and the reason I did not fix the car) is the a-pillar is smashed in, and the air bags are deployed. Other damage is visible in the pics shown for the most part.

The car has a clean title, and the motor and trans were both working flawlessly when I wrecked the car @ 99,000 miles. It has not been started since.

3 out of the 4 rims are good..one has a chip missing and I'm guessing it's no good. All have center caps. 4 brand new winter tires were put on the car 2 weeks before the wreck...they may still be good...they all have air in them still, but I have not inspected them closely for weather cracks.

Interior is complete and near mint. Has CD player as well that I have no interest in removing. SVT floor mats too.

Anyway, here is the deal....

$350 takes the whole car...non-negotiable.

Buyer MUST come get the car, or get whatever they want out of the car for the $350. If you wish to leave the car and frame, that is fine, and I will have it sent to the junk yard afterwards. I can provide use of a Garage with lift & tools, if you wish to tow the car about 1/8th mile up the road. For another $20 I will tow it up there with my truck for you. If this is the case, I need ample notice so I can make arrangements. Otherwise, the car is available just about any day you are free...I am willing to take a day off of work, or cancel most weekend plans to accomodate your schedule.

The car is located in Montgomery Center, Vermont 05471.

My phone # is 802-782-9631.

My Email Address is josh@cvboyz.com .

I do not mean to be an arse, but please do not contact me unless you are interested in the car with the terms above.

Thank you very much for looking!

-Josh

Attachments

• contour1.jpg
    contour1.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 0
  • contour2.jpg
    contour2.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 0
  • contour4.jpg
    contour4.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 0
  • contour3.jpg
    contour3.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 0
PS. Trades Considered.

Not sure what anybody would want to trade, but I'm open to offers (Fun stuff, Guns, and etc.).

The car's been sitting a while hasn't it? I seem to recall you posting the same ad a year or two ago, correct?

Has the interior been exposed to the elements (under a cover or not)?

Seems like a great spot for an NECEG Pickin's Meet ..

Yup, been sitting for over 2 years now....My plan was to have it fixed, but I kept changing my mind.

The car is, and always has been under cover (actually under a few layers of covers), so the interior has been very well protected.

It's actually sitting on my parents lawn, and they are completely sick of seeing it, so that is another major reason I want to just get rid of the whole car, but I don't want to just junk it and let it go to waste.

You guys could all take a bus up to my place for all I care...hahah....

Any other questions I'd be happy to help answer.

350 is a deal and a half for all those SVT goodies still under the hood. I don't think I could make the drive back up there again though. :crazy:

Tempting....

But I am completely broke right now.

I totally agree, haha. I should sell my car with all my audio crap in it and buy this and fix it...comparable mileage and a MUCH better car. *sigh* Life is rough. There's an amazing body works guy in town and he could probably fix the car up nice...A friend of mine even works at a towing company and would probably be able to get it down here rather cheap. UGH I just wish life and money weren't so ridiculous right now! :cry: I want that car...

I totally agree, haha. I should sell my car with all my audio crap in it and buy this and fix it...comparable mileage and a MUCH better car. *sigh* Life is rough. There's an amazing body works guy in town and he could probably fix the car up nice...A friend of mine even works at a towing company and would probably be able to get it down here rather cheap. UGH I just wish life and money weren't so ridiculous right now! :cry: I want that car...

well, like I said...if anybody wants the car, and wants to write an "I.O.U." I don't mind as long as they get a couple of other people to vouch for them.

personally, I don't think I would try to get this specific car back on the road. It has sat for a long time, plus the structural damage, means the potential for more headaches than it's worth. However, if someone had a car that these parts would fit on, then that would be the way to go. Seriously...Full leather interior in near mint shape, plus all the SVT parts, are worth way more than the $350 I'm asking for the whole car (which means you got all kinds of other parts that you may not need that you could sell and make all of your money back, or even more than you paid for it).

Also, like I said...if somebody doesn't want to take the whole car back home with them, you can rip off anything you might need right on my parents lawn, or we can get it up to the shop near my place.

I'd love to have this gone within the next week or so whether or not I have cash in my hand within that time or not.

She's all yours guys!

Greg, When are you going up there? If you would like any help give me a shout. I was wondering if you were going to grab this. I'd have loved to get it but I don't have any room here for another non-running car, I've already got three here that don't run plus 4 that are running. So there's no way I could take it. I need to get rid of some first.

Hello, at this time I have no definite purchase confirmation from anyone. Due to the fact that I NEED to get this car off of my parents lawn where it's being stored ASAP, I have to offer this car as first come first serve. I would be willing to hold this car for a period of time with a small deposit, just to confirm that the person is absolutely interested in it. Otherwise, with my luck, I will hold the car for a week for someone, and then their plans will fall through. Not only will I be delayed an additional week, I may lose a potential buyer as well.

For those looking for specific parts. As stated earlier, $350 will get you the whole car, and/or anything off of the car. If you want just a few small parts then you can see if the person who buys the car is interested in selling them. If it is not a person from the forums, then I will see if they would like me to post their contact info here.

Thank you all.

-Josh

Well, I did pick up the whole car yesterday with the help of ctmystique (Roger), so anybody looking for parts, send me a PM and i'll see what i can do for you...

I've already pulled the doors, trunk, hood, wheels (which are all holding air fine), and a few smaller interior and engine bay parts...

Thanks!

And thanks Josh for helping us get the SVT onto the trailer! that was a lot of work for those 2 winches!

And thanks Josh for helping us get the SVT onto the trailer! that was a lot of work for those 2 winches!

had to do that with my El Camino the day i moved, but we had to use ratchet straps
the starter died right before we went to move it.
not fun

had to do that with my El Camino the day i moved, but we had to use ratchet straps
the starter died right before we went to move it.
not fun

that took forever, but it was kinda funny
Jess and I were the muscle keeping it from rolling down the ramps. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back