• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Work has officially begun.

More updates:

Engine is out.
engineout.jpg

engineout2.jpg

bay1.jpg

Pics of new engine coming soon.

Waiting for the before and after cleaning pics.

That last pic looks like the SVT is orange. I think I am going to start the get sam a new camera phone fund.

Last edited:
lol wasnt taken with my phone this time!

Before and after pics will be posted tomorrow!:drool:

Sam, come on! You should have removed the plugs in the spare tire area. I gutted my entire trunk and cleaned it like you did, but I went at it with a hose on full blast. :laugh:

The water just drains right out of the floor and then just wipe up the remaining water with a towel.

You are not worthy!

You are not worthy!

Engine bay clean up as promised. Only had time to do half a side so here are the pics of what I did.

Can you guess how much water I used?

A. 2 Gallons
B. 2 Liters
C. Garden hose on for 20 mins.
D. WTF is water

Before:

IMG_0582-2.jpg

IMG_0583-2.jpg

IMG_0585-1.jpg

After:

IMG_0586-1.jpg

IMG_0587-1.jpg

IMG_0588-1.jpg

IMG_0589-1.jpg

IMG_0590-1.jpg

IMG_0591-1.jpg

IMG_0592-1.jpg

Last edited:
While you have the engine out you really should lay some paint over that crap they have under the hood. I know Allen got the supports and around the engine painted gloss like the car and holy ???? did it look great at shows.

If I ever have to have the engine taken out of the svt I will have it totally stripped and all glossed body color.

You should flip the bolts on the control arms for the next owner, they will appreciate it bro.

I will not put the new owner's life in danger by doing that. If they want it switched around they can do it themselves.

While you have the engine out you really should lay some paint over that crap they have under the hood. I know Allen got the supports and around the engine painted gloss like the car and holy ???? did it look great at shows.

If I ever have to have the engine taken out of the svt I will have it totally stripped and all glossed body color.

I already have the car for sale @ 6000 firm. Im not about to go spending money on it and have to increase the sale price. I know what you mean though. I would definately do it on my car if I had to.

It may but it also may come loose and if it does the pin will fall out and making the control arm become unattached to the car causing serious problems. You never know. besides the control arms are fine should last a long time.

It may but it also may come loose and if it does the pin will fall out and making the control arm become unattached to the car causing serious problems. You never know. besides the control arms are fine should last a long time.
hell for less than a 100 bucks you can get 2 brand new ones from rockauto lol if you wanted to anyway:shrug:

Back