• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Work has officially begun.

svttour

Rico Suave
Well I got back from spring zing and had a beautiful 99 Tred SVT waiting for me to work on. I took some photos of it and pushed it back in the warehouse. Today I took the entire trunk space apart down the the bare metal to clean and reinstall everything. One of the trunk vents was broken allowing for dirt, mud, and everything else to get into it. Who ever buys this car is going to have their first meal served somewhere on this car because you will be able to eat off of it!

Sorry for the poor quality pics. Digi pics will be taken tomorrow.

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0568.jpg

broken vent
trunk2.jpg

full of dry mud and dirt.
trunk.jpg

wiped down
halfcleantrunk.jpg

cleaned
clean2.jpg

cleantrunk.jpg

Every little detail
clean.jpg

clean3.jpg

yea I know. I think my camera phone isnt even 100 pixels. I left my camera at home so this is all I could take. Better pics will be up tomorrow.

I can draw better pictures than that.:laugh: I hope that your turbo is done, now that your working on this car.

Those things are really brittle. I have had them break before and it annoying. Could be of age or things flopping in the trunk from side to side that break them.

Last edited:
I lol when someone spells a word wrong in the beginning, but then spells it right at the end...all in the same post. :laugh:

I've never seen a CSVT spare before I heard that they are white but that is really different .Also that isn't where the power antenna hose vents

Yeah nice catch royalblue. Its where it belongs now. I moved it up there to clean the surrounding areas and after the pic I put it back. As for the spare tire I have 5 of them that look identical.

Yeah nice catch royalblue. Its where it belongs now. I moved it up there to clean the surrounding areas and after the pic I put it back. As for the spare tire I have 5 of them that look identical.
what size are they:shrug:

Back