• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

woot0ne0neone

Couple things bro

The catch can looks to be done wrong, That might be one reason why your having problems..I cant see all the hoses but look on evom for the how-to

Do yourself and Favor and get rid of that POS plastic bov, Look for a Stock IX Bov, they are made of medal and hold boost a better, those stock plastic ones tend to leak..

Also that cover that's over the strut brace(driver side), Rip that bad boy off, looks so much better without it..

whoa. the english in your post sounds eerily familiar. like this prince who once emailed me asking him to funnel $3030408472 out of his counrty when his father was overthrown and he went into hiding. :laugh:

nice evo. much better than the TiTi. i was just checking out my neighbor's new evo x.

Do yourself and Favor and get rid of that POS plastic bov, Look for a Stock IX Bov, they are made of medal and hold boost a better, those stock plastic ones tend to leak..

Also that cover that's over the strut brace(driver side), Rip that bad boy off, looks so much better without it..
Yes to BOV. Stock IX or if you want an aftermarket look for a Samco Sport. Great BOV, great price, great drivability.:cool:

Please take that cover on the strut brace off.

whoa. the english in your post sounds eerily familiar. like this prince who once emailed me asking him to funnel $3030408472 out of his counrty when his father was overthrown and he went into hiding. :laugh:

nice evo. much better than the TiTi. i was just checking out my neighbor's new evo x.

What a coincidence.....Kev actually bought his EVO with a Nigerian money order, the asked Carmax for change back....

Hmmmmmmmm.....:shrug:

Last edited:
Cover is off, and I'll look into BOVs. Any other recommended options?

The cover is now off, I appreciate all the help kevin and hector.

I had the Greddy type s--- sounded awesome but would surge way to much..

I also had an HKS- agin sounded awesome and i cant say i had any problems with it, Wasnt loud enough for me..

I had the Forge as well, Sounds good but no matter what spring or how many shims i put on it would also surge...

Put the IX on and i love it, No surge and no problems what so ever, Plus its good up to 25psi..

Cover is off, and I'll look into BOVs. Any other recommended options?

The cover is now off, I appreciate all the help kevin and hector.
IX or Samco Sport is the best ways to go as far as BOVs go on the Evo. I had the Forge on my Evo, and it worked good on mine, but it was hit or miss on other Evos.:shrug:

Back