• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

"Winterized" already, you never know...snow shoes and mats!

Hey Eric

Hey Eric

CPE seems to make everything for the Mazda's, but Hector was telling me the guy told him the aftermarket community isn't supporting it:rolleyes: , sounds familiar!

CPE's price is a direct result of their quality. Why are people afraid to spend money on a good product? :p

Sorry Goonz, no option for my Fujita. I think I'll get it PC'ed though, just look cooler. Plus, it'll reflect heat a tiny bit better than bare metal. ;)

Hey Ryan - you can lick the seam of my coin purse next time I see you. :cool:

CPE's price is a direct result of their quality. Why are people afraid to spend money on a good product? :p

Sorry Goonz, no option for my Fujita. I think I'll get it PC'ed though, just look cooler. Plus, it'll reflect heat a tiny bit better than bare metal. ;)

Hey Ryan - you can lick the seam of my coin purse next time I see you. :cool:
NO WAY I am going to spend $1200 on an exhaust for the CX7. :nonono:

since it's been getting a lot colder here than i remember for this time last year, i decided to "winterize" my car too:

mmm...blizzaks. i actually can't wait for the snow this year!

DSCF2301.jpg

DSCF2302.jpg

got the volvo rubber floor mats...went with the dark grey cause they're most likely gonna get filthy. nice and deep...fit really well too, and the gray actually matches the rest of the gray in the interior.

DSCF2303.jpg

DSCF2304.jpg

I liberated some rubber floor mats from a truck the other day, so now I'm winterized too! :crazy:

Gotta rub in don't you Eric:rolleyes:

Hey TGO, how do you like those LM-25's on dry pavement compared to your stockers and speaking of that, are you getting some aftermarket rims/tires for the spring:confused:

They are LM-22's. The place i ordered the tires from online actually fudged up and sent me LM-25X's, but I sent them back. They have them listed as truck/SUV tires. I saw some people online with them on their cars, but, they also weigh about double what the LM-22's do. like 40lbs vs 22!

Ride quality seems much better with the blizzaks on. But they also have a bigger sidewall, 45 vs 40.

I would like some aftermarket rims, I just can't decide which ones to get. I'm thinking you think I had my summer tires taken off and these put on, but I have 2 sets of rims. The ones you see above with the snows (17 inch), and a set of 18's (same rim) with the summer tires!

The difference between the 2 sets is very noticeable. those 18's must be fuggin' heavy!

I will never use rubber floor mats in my car, it almost caused a car accident. TGO's would be the extent to the kind of floor mats I would use, you just need some kind of fabric on the floor mat to dry your feet off, or that wont collect water so you dont constantly get your shoes wet.

Used to have some, they wouldnt dry off the bottom of my feet at all, just make standing water in my car from melting snow... One day car was plenty warm had been driving for about 20 minutes, guy pulls out in front of me so I went to downshift and hit the brakes, foot slipped off of the clutch pedal, and as bad luck would have it my other foot slipped off of the brake pedal also. I was LUCKY enough to notice that nobody was in the oncomming traffic lane, so I swerved into it until I could get my car slowed down...

The guy in the car who pulled out in front of me saw a specific part of my hand.

i dont' care aabout getting my feet wet, i care about staining my carpet! the SVT had a dark colored carpet, it was easy to hide dirt...but i've found myself literally shaking out my floor mats in the R every other day!

Still, the volvo mats are pretty good quality. It's been pouring here the last few days, and i haven't had any "traction" issues with my feet...the rubber is actually very soft and textured, so your shoes stick to it nice. but there's also a fabric area where your heels normally rest for driving.

Back