• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

winter project

lojack..it' the only company i know of that outfits local and state police with the dedicated tools for recovery.

I have looked at them + this company http://www.inilex.com/Products.html sky link is the gps locator but they are linked with Ford also providing a service now under the smart alert name, kinda like the system GM uses.
They monitor it and contact the police and guide them to the vehicle or something like that + they have an online checker also so if you are away you can check and see that your car is infact in the garage.

Any more progress? its been a WHOLE 3 weeks ;)

slow but yeah there is some. I just got back from a little vaca on the cape but before I left I got the brake hoses on and bled out all the old fluid and added new stuff. The rear bumper needs a repaint a piece of dirt got on it that won't sand out. The rest of the stuff looks good like the side skirts, front etc. I'll be stopping up sometime this week so i'll post some more then.

I went up this afternoon and sadly found out his mom is very sick so not much progress, he is trying to fit stuff in while going to the hospital ( he does most of the work on it). He has the tail lights, rear wing and few other things prepped and ready for paint. the rear bumper just needs a color blend and re-clear to fix the bad spot. The front bumper looks sweet. I'm more concerned about his mom very nice lady, car can wait.

grabbed a few pics but I didn't stay long.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The car is all wet sanded and buffed and all the other parts just the rear wing is left + the touch up and reclear on the rear bumper.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

more progress

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

They had just started painting the black trim when i got there

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

rear wing ready to go

ry%3D400

rear bumper fixed and ready for reclear

ry%3D400

Headlight bucket painted. it shows up through the bumper cover, more so through the back. got to get those little details :laugh:

I'm getting LoJack + adding in a couple of my own disable features. I went with the LoJack early warning system it's about a grand but one time fee the regular LoJack system is $700 both figures are installed and they will come to your house and do it or place of business or in my case the body shop. I figured with the little amount of time I drive it and the house has a monitored alarm system I wouldn't go crazy and the car really doesn't leave my sight.

smart move having the lojack installed before the interior is together.
we had it installed in the nitro when we bought it and you can figure out where they hid the transmitter just by following the trail of stressed plastic trim pieces.
grrr

smart move having the lojack installed before the interior is together.
we had it installed in the nitro when we bought it and you can figure out where they hid the transmitter just by following the trail of stressed plastic trim pieces.
grrr

That doesn't sound good at all. That is my plan anyways but if I had to wait for any reason I can pull the interior out on a few hours or less if needed.

No. It's hunting season, he went down to Virginia for 2 weeks but is back now. I have the plenty of patience, it's pretty much winter now anyways and would be just sitting in my garage. I did find a couple of small things I want addressed. It takes a long time do a project like this when it gets maybe 10 or so hours a week on it, sometimes more. It will be ready for spring. some progress will be coming soon it's right at the cusp os going back together, once that happens that won't take has much time has the body work itself.

Alot has happened since last post. My buddies ( the shop owner) mom passed away, they got slammed with work from our lovely winter, etc. Progress has happened though. Lojack and gps tracker got installed so really only a few more things and I'll be getting it back within the next few weeks.

progress pics..

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

new door, hatch seals and window run seal.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

new trim put on, new locks and handles.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

rear is all together and skirts

ry%3D400

front is pretty much togther. We got quarter windows, drip rails and cowl, windshield trim and a few minor things and it's done and ready for me to put the interior in and get it on the road. more pics to come.

That's going to be a brand new car once it's complete!

LOL. yeah pretty much with everything else i have done to it, when I build the motor for it it will be totally fresh and still be cheaper than a new one and pretty damn quick also. I'm thinking 375-400 to the wheels will be pretty good for a street car just over 3,000lbs.

It's back home !! Drove it back today. Man that felt good after a year and a half. Now time to put on the new wheels, clean the inside and put he interior back in. Then off to a nice spot for a photo shoot :cool:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Back