• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Winter = FAIL

Goonz SVT

Hard-core CEG'er
having gotten my car towards the end of October, I really didnt get a chance to enjoy it. I took the rims off like 3 weeks later and since then ive been rolling on winter shoes (no complaints :cool:). Now Im beginning to see the toll winter is taking on my car, my windshield is getting pitted, I have a minute crack in my line of sight which will most probably expand throughout the coarse of winter, and my exhaust pipes are showing signs of some rust. I handwashed my car just once after I got it, didnt even get a chance to detail it which is completely unlike me. I just want spring to be here, I want to put back on my 19s so I can get my grip back along with installing my duel Injen I have sitting here :drool::drool:

you guys done with winter yet? lol

foo shoo... i hate taking my car through the car wash. over the summer i detailed my old car every other week. i got my car in the end of august and also havent had the time to detail it. i have literally washed it twice since november. i absoultly HATE winter and just want it to be over. cant wait to get my hands dirty on this thing, clean her up, and see what she can do.

I've been done with winter since Jan 1st.

Actually -- should correct that. All I want is a decent February thaw (60° or better) so these snowbanks can melt and my parking area won't be five inches of solid ice. I think I'd be ready for more snow after that.

a good bit melted yesterday. it was nice enough I took the SVT out around the block a few time and got everything up to temp. looks to be more of the same today.

I was also going to was the mystique for the first time at the house. I went out and got a brush I could use on it so I wouldn't use the wash mitt I have for the other cars and when I got home I realized that I didn't have any car wash ... its with the SeVT about an hour away ...

Actually -- should correct that. All I want is a decent February thaw (60° or better) so these snowbanks can melt and my parking area won't be five inches of solid ice. I think I'd be ready for more snow after that.

I'm with you on the thaw. I have to chop ice constantly and I'm getting rather tired of it.

Aside for a quick run out to boston for a new radiator, the S60R has only idled in the driveway a few times this winter. With it's dedicated summer tires, traction control and all wheel drive it barely climbs the icy slope of the driveway from the garage. I climbed it once and it had more dash lights flashing than a commerical plane landing in the Hudson!

Looks like you got your thaw, just hope we don't get dumped on anytime soon.

yeah finally!
It didn't even melt all the snow though. We still have like a foot on the ground. I am glad it got (most of) the ice off the driveway and brought the snowbanks down to semi-visible levels.

But now I'm ready for some more. :cool:

I'm suprised you guys still have most of your snow. Ours is almost gone around here, with the exception of the huge piles on street corners and parking lots.

Yeah, I think you accumulated less than us this year (makes sense since you're pretty far south from me, atleast)
I recall seeing a couple of your posts where we were getting whomped and you were doing just fine.

It was refreshing to see actual ground when I was in lower upstate NY last weekend.

Aside for a quick run out to boston for a new radiator, the S60R has only idled in the driveway a few times this winter. With it's dedicated summer tires, traction control and all wheel drive it barely climbs the icy slope of the driveway from the garage. I climbed it once and it had more dash lights flashing than a commerical plane landing in the Hudson!

i though tyour car was in storage?

new radiator eh? atleast you didn't have AWD failure!

although with the blizzaks the car was still driveable.

i though tyour car was in storage?

new radiator eh? atleast you didn't have AWD failure!

although with the blizzaks the car was still driveable.

Yeah, my factory warranty was coming to an end and I wasn't sure how a new rad would fall under the CPO plan so I braved the elements and took the car to Boston for a new radiator. They even took my car a day early so that I would get the car back before a snow storm! The radiator had a small seeping leak near the end tank (plastic end tanks/aluminum core). BVV is fantastic! Whats the story with your car? angle gear?

I imagine with a proper set of snow tires the car would be amazing!

Ive never heard of such thing as a car wash..lol

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

Nasty! Imagine if it were a dark color!! My dark blue Malibu looks like it just got back from speed testing at the salt flats.... It needs a bath sooooo bad....

Back