• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Wilwood 13" front kit

it wont be a 13" kit. he will sell the adapter and the owner must source their own parts. ill wait to post info until i get further word from todd.

That doesn't sound so bad... I guess that each person will get their parts for different prices and they would all potentially pay about $300 to $500 for all the pieces.... Even then their probably won't be too many that will go that far.
$40 for pads
$100 for front rotors
$25 for hub rings
$200+ for calipers
$50 for brake lines
$35 cobra caliper brackets
$ redrilling for 4 lug
$ Todd's cobra to contour caliper mounting bracket
$20 for longer wheel studs

^that about sums it up I think.....

Last edited:
Rara my car has the 13" Baer and it does not have longer studs on it. Could it depend on the wheel?

I think it is more wheel specific. But I could be wrong. Deeper spokes, offset, lug nut hole depth, etc...

Just for shipping:nonono: I know they are heavy but damn. Let us all know man.
the kit weighs a bit over 50 pounds I'm thinking it was actually quite close to 60lbs then factor in extra to insure the pkg....... shipping isnt cheap anymore. it was 32 bucks just to ship a 20+lbs package insured at 600 thru ups from tn to in reg ground earlier this week

So is there any effect of the hat offset on a Cobra rotor? Or will the bracket compensate for that?

Rara my car has the 13" Baer and it does not have longer studs on it. Could it depend on the wheel?

Its going to depend on wheel thickness at the hub and on the particular rotor. I don't know the rotor thickness on the Baer rotors. I just know that when I was looking over the different measurements, I wasn't comfortable with how much thread engagement there would be, and like I said, I'm not terribly comfortable with how much engagement there is even with the FSVT rotor and a stock E1 wheel. Either way, the replacement studs are cheap, and if you haven't replaced yours anyway after 8+ years, its not a bad idea to spend a couple bucks and replace them while your in there even if a particular wheel/brake combo does have enough thread engagement.

Close, but not 100% correct. The anchor brackets are machined differently between the Baer and Cobra calipers. Do not expect to take a Cobra caliper and bolt it up to a Baer bracket and expect it to fit the car correctly.

The caliper bodies are interchangable though, and the pads are interchangable as well.
That is good to know, thanks.
Having both brakes I've inspected both and knew they were the same caliper but didn't know the anchor bracket difference.
Any idea what it would take to mount a Cobra/Ford PBR caliper on a Baer bracket?
Some good brake info. here for those that don't know. One thing I've always believed is braking is one very important system that you shouldn't modify unless you know the engineering details VERY well.
Whenever my front brakes wear out I will upgrade, so I'm paying attention---good to know some guys are working on solid affordable upgrades, thanks.
-J

Todd, I thought you could too, but not from what Rara posted:
Close, but not 100% correct. The anchor brackets are machined differently between the Baer and Cobra calipers. Do not expect to take a Cobra caliper and bolt it up to a Baer bracket and expect it to fit the car correctly.

The caliper bodies are interchangable though, and the pads are interchangable as well.
Obviously having a bracket to use a Cobra caliper on the Contour is the best solution for cost (you can find great deals on Cobra/Bullitt/Mach 1 loaded calipers) and making a copy of the Baer bracket is the easiest solution if it allows you to use the Ford OEM stuff.
However, I'd think it would be better just to order the Contour specific 13" rotors from Baer unless the Mustang rotor has the right specs and ONLY needs a lug redrill (the safety of which I've never looked into).
-J

and expect it to fit the car correctly.

You need a little mo better readin' skillz.:laugh:

That doesn't sound so bad... I guess that each person will get their parts for different prices and they would all potentially pay about $300 to $500 for all the pieces.... Even then their probably won't be too many that will go that far.
$40 for pads
$100 for front rotors
$25 for hub rings
$200+ for calipers
$50 for brake lines
$ redrilling for 4 lug

That's adding a bit I think.

http://www.blueovalindustries.com/products.php?pid=99012186

Cobra calipers & the bracket come loaded with pads is $300 plus shipping.

You'll beed to source rotors from Baer or have the Cobra 13" rotors redrilled. I'd guess $100 ea. for $200. You'll need the hub rings and then the custom braket that is being mocked up right now. I have no pricing on that as of yet. Of course if you don't have he SS lines you'll need those also.

The deal with my setup was I needed longer longer studs and spacers to clear my Axis wheels due to the deepdish of the wheels. My 17s cleared the Baers fine without the spacers.

Btw, has Baer raised their prices? I bought my 13" kit from them, crossed drilled and slotted, for about $850. :shrug:

That's adding a bit I think.

http://www.blueovalindustries.com/products.php?pid=99012186

Cobra calipers & the bracket come loaded with pads is $300 plus shipping.

You'll beed to source rotors from Baer or have the Cobra 13" rotors redrilled. I'd guess $100 ea. for $200. You'll need the hub rings and then the custom braket that is being mocked up right now. I have no pricing on that as of yet. Of course if you don't have he SS lines you'll need those also.

So where is my pricing off???
I figured below $275+ for calipers, brackets, and pads.....

Those are 100% realistic #s below to reflect on the cost of making your own kit.

Show me where I am "adding a bit"?

blu_fuz said:
$40 for pads
$100 for front rotors
$25 for hub rings
$200+ for calipers
$50 for brake lines
$ redrilling for 4 lug

The deal with my setup was I needed longer longer studs and spacers to clear my Axis wheels due to the deepdish of the wheels. My 17s cleared the Baers fine without the spacers.

Btw, has Baer raised their prices? I bought my 13" kit from them, crossed drilled and slotted, for about $850. :shrug:

Where do i get the longer studs and spacers? i think ill need them for the 19s ill get from TF once i get my brakes from TCE.

I got my 13" Baer kit about 1-1/2" years ago. I got the 2 piece rotors, and though the kit came with the hub rings, those rotors were already hub centric and I didn't need the rings. I called them and they said those didn't need the rings... the 1 piece probably still does though.

I got my 13" Baer kit about 1-1/2" years ago. I got the 2 piece rotors, and though the kit came with the hub rings, those rotors were already hub centric and I didn't need the rings. I called them and they said those didn't need the rings... the 1 piece probably still does though.
I would love to have the 2 piece rotors just to save on weight. Is there any where I can source those....?

I would love to have the 2 piece rotors just to save on weight. Is there any where I can source those....?

Either from Baer, or you can contact Todd at TCE if you are planning on making an adapted Cobra Kit. You can either buy his Cobra 2-pc rotor hats, or beg him to drill them for 4x108 and the smaller Contour hub diameter too, lol.

I have talked to Todd at TCE a bunch of times already. He is really helpful and nice to deal with. I didn't think of asking him for the 2 piece rotor for the cobra :duh::ponder:. $$$$They are very expensive though$$$$

Back